psychiatrist appointment - update

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt had a psychiatrist appointment Tuesday afternoon. There have been a few minor medication changes - there has, on the other hand, been a major attitude explosion.

I had kt help me fill out the forms for psychiatrist - answer the questions only she should/could answer. It was a bit like pulling a rusty nail but she filled in the information with my help.

I told kt that while in the psychiatrist's office she was to look him in the eye & answer him honestly; to use clear 13 y/o voice & language.

SHE DID IT! :bravo: psychiatrist & I have been working on this for over a year! :bravo:

kt let psychiatrist know that she felt the topamax was helping her calm down; that she was able to sit & think & work out problems before they happened. psychiatrist just looked at me & nodded.

So....game plan, continue to lower the zyprexia, keep the seroquel where it's at with the possiblity of a decrease over the next 6 months. The tegretol & topamax will stay as is.

psychiatrist told me as we were leaving that this is what we're looking for. kt is in the best frame of mind he's seen her in a long time. Given the home situation with my physical condition, he's simply amazed. Told me that husband & I are doing the right things.

He also told me that as kt matures, little by little, the highs won't be so high & the lows won't be so very low. :dance: I asked that he put that in writing - psychiatrist declined. :rofl:

So, for the time being, I'm glad to report a big positive here. kt is impressing the heck out of everyone but husband & myself. We're just sitting here getting the typical teen backtalk. kt, however, is learning there are consequences to typical teen backtalk & she's not liking it.

Life moves forward..... :painter:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Good to hear she is able to express herself for the psychiatrist. It is actually good that she is doing the typical teen stuff too. Not that any of us enjoy that but it says that she is being on track so to speak where that comes in. All in all a positive I would say. Hope she keeps getting it.

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
kt has made so much progress. I know the TTattitude and sass are difficult, but she is doing 13yo typical brattiness, NOT 3 or 6 yo brattiness!!!

It may be hard to see, but she truly is making great progress.

If the typical teen stuff gets too bad you can always follow my grandparent's suggestion:

You and husband are truly amazing parents.

Hugs,

Susie

busywend

:bravo:

Wonderful update!

:dance:

I recall not so long ago you feeling in the depths of depair - it is times like this that keep us going!

:thumb:

Adrift

I get so much from your posts. Congratulations on such amazing progress with your daughter. It gives us all hope!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Kt has come such a long long way. Absolutely wonderful what progress she's made. :bravo: Way to go kt!!!! :dance:

I know the typical teen nonsense can grate on the nerves, but at least she's showing typical teen behavior instead of a much younger age group.

Great Update. :smile: