psychiatrist appointment. Wish me luck

Californiablonde

This time the appointment is for me. I have been having bad anxiety for several years now. The anxiety has gotten much worse in the last year and a half, since I got in my accident on 1/20/11. Since I can no longer take any type of benzo for it, I'm stuck trying new antidepressants. This new one I'm on has been one of the worst. My anxiety has gotten much worse since I started it. I can't wait to start coming down off of it. Sunday I had the worst anxiety attack ever, and it lasted almost the whole day. I caved in and took a Xanax. I didn't want to, because knew that I would be stuck in the house the rest of the day and night due to not being able to drive. I wanted to be able to take difficult children somewhere to eat, but instead we got stuck ordering from the local pizza place. Neither one of them are big pizza eaters, but I had no choice. The Xanax helped a little but not much. Now I'm off to the doctor's to see about trying another antidepressant. I've probably gone through at least ten so far. So now it's on to the next one. I am SO totally not looking forward to going, because I absolutely hate having to do errands or go to appointments after work. It's just too stressful on me, but I gotta do what I gotta do...sigh.

T

TeDo

I hope you can find something that works. I used to live with what you are going through (before I had kids) and I had to give up my job because it would start the minute I walked out the door and only got worse as I got closer to work. It is soooo hard to deal with. Another thing that helped me a LOT was that a local hospital psychiatric dept had a Panic Therapy/Instructional class/group. It was a good one so it did help.

Pretzeling and praying you find the "right" medication.

Californiablonde

Luckily I rarely have panic attacks at work. Sometimes I experience mild anxiety when I'm sitting at my desk but it's not so bad that I have to leave or anything like that. Most of my panic attacks happen at night when I'm trying to sleep or in the very early morning before work. Sometimes I get them at home during the day on the weekend. They usually happen at home or when I'm out and about driving for some reason. So anyway psychiatrist just prescribed Prozac. I took Prozac way back in the day when I was a teenager for depression (before I was diagnosed bipolar.) I stayed on it only for six weeks because it didn't help my depression at all. Now I'm not depressed. It's just the anxiety that's killing me. psychiatrist says Prozac can work wonders for anxiety so I am going to give it a go. Hopefully it will be the magic pill that helps me.