psychiatrist told me husband is a very "complicated" individual. No kidding!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl:

And today is just one more example of husband's squirrelly inner workings.

My old college friend is coming over. husband is trying to help by tidying up and I am so grateful for that. He loaded the dishwasher and cleared off (most) of the countertops in the kitchen. And although I already warned my friend that we are very low-key here and not to have high expectations for my housekeeping skills, there is still stuff that needs to be done like straightening the clutter, putting shoes away, etc.

But after husband decided he was done in the kitchen (counters still had food on them and there were still pans to be washed), he felt that the most important thing to do next was LAUNDRY. :slap: I told him that we were not doing laundry today and maybe I should have said "You don't need to do that today, honeypie." But he got ticked at me for trying to order him around! And I pointed out that our guest probably wasn't going to be impressed one way or the other with our laundry situation, but that just made him madder. The next thing he felt was necessary to do was flip our mattress. :crazy2:

He is soooo stressed out about this person coming over! It's too bad he can't drink because boy could he use one to settle down. I hope some time in the next year he and psychiatrist have a serious conversation about his anxiety, because THIS kind of freaking-out-reaction and the fact that he can't turn off his brain at the end of the day tells me he's not coping too well.

Sigh.

I may start drinking that sangria I made a little early... :wine:

T

TeDo

LOL (but not really funny, I know). Could he be Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)? ADHD? Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)? Some of this sounds so familiar but on a grander scale. Hope you "survive" the visit! {{{{(((HUGS)))}}} and CHEERS!!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I know what you mean. husband has been freaking out about Hurricane Irene. He went out and lay down the incredibly heavy marble foo dogs, concrete pedestals, and GRANITE bird baths. I asked him what he was expecting. He said "100 MPH winds"! What a doofus. Then he had too much red wine, trying to calm down. I took a clonazepam, he was so worked up he couldn't shut up. He was almost ticking. He had hysterical vibes which I soaked in, of course...He can't turn off his brain and I feel so vulnerable when he is beyond anxious.

I wish I lived with an adult.

keista

I hope husband calms down enough for YOU to enjoy the visit with your friend. Got any xanax on hand you can slip him?

TerryJ2

Oh jeez. Talk about anxiety.
Well, look on the bright side. Your house will be clean and the laundry will be done. :twister2: