psychiatrist5 yeah! psychiatrist5 yeah! psychiatrist5 yeah!!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well I am sorry I have not been around, nor supportive much lately... same old song and dance...
Well prior to leaving for Tucson on Wednesday, K had gotten to the point of trying to shove me violently down our very steep stairs, NO railing... trying to knock our T.V's over... one pretty big. She is just at that point where I don't really (like) her at times... I have cried too many nights about little messed up mind... so we needed something to give big time, we needed a break.
The flight here to Tucson, husband had to move to and empty seat across from her, due to her "movements" upside down in the seat...:(
Then she locked herself in the bathroom, I had it unlocked and cracked, she pulled it closed to get out and locked it!!! Panic, screaming...

WELL, new psychiatrist, she was Awesome... she believes... first off she asked after questioning us, (first apt just husband and I) she said, "And why has she never been on Lithium or Depakote!!!"
We then told her about the previous apt with the psychiatrist in Tucson... she rolled her eyes and laughed!!! She said, "I suppose he told you how Early Onset Bi-Polar (EOBP) does not exist!" she laughed so hard and told us to look in the archives of the university and that she had debated with him and kicked his *#*!!!
I love it!!!
She also told us that our psychiatrist1 from Chicago, was here 2 years ago and she loves her!!! Fully believes in her, and her theories...

She told us about Peds, a psychiatrist for me!!! About schools... and the apt next week with K... That we will most likely start medications again.
She said we need a break, that is a marathon and all that jazz...
gave us other book suggestions.

She was like a real person who has a degree and wants to help us.
We are remaining cautiously optimistic... K is still horrible.

BUT I HAVE HOPE!!! Thanks you guys for constantly being here for me and us!!!
We go and look houses tomorrow... then schools next week. K's apt is next not until May 6th. So we have some time to look around and play...
It was snowing when we left Idaho, it is in the 90's!!!

totoro

Thank you!!! We still have to go home to Idaho... to finish up and let the girls finish up School. But we told PODC we will do anything to help our family. I don't want to travel, obviously, too much with K... but we just want to move forward!!!
The thing is, This psychiatrist said to us, that K will not get better tomorrow, maybe not next week, maybe not in this year... she was completely honest about the reality of it all. She has been the first since psychiatrist1.
She basically said lets work on this by looking at the long term!!! That just feels so good!

Steely

:yes: FINALLY!

Can't tell you how optimistic I am for you and K. I really, really believe it will be downhill from here. Not perfect, but you have endured the worst.

Many, mucho hugs!

And by the way, welcome to the land of continuous 24/7 sunshine:hot:

totoro

YES SRL... we asked and she is looking over our paperwork, we are going to remind her at the next apt, to see if our pediatrician needs to order it or if she can order it. We will push for it and let it be known that we "really" want to rule out anything else... Thanks for asking... She was receptive to it. Just wanted to look over our stuff first.

pepperidge

Every so often, there is a psychiatrist that reaffirms your faith in the whole process!! I echo smallworld, WAHOO!!!

I am so glad she is open to trying the big gun medications-- I hope you find one quick that helps.

I am thinking that you may need to find some sort of respite, or partial hospitaliztion in Phoenix if things keep deterioriating. Like you really need more advice, but I would push pretty early on for a crisis plan with psychiatrist so that you feel you have some kind of safety net.

keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know what you mean about the snow--it has snowed on and off here all week. I've had it!!!

LittleDudesMom

Totoro,

I am thrilled that have found a psychiatrist, in your new home, that seems to get it! We can definately feel your relief and positive expectations!!!!!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Totoro,
This was a great post to read! It makes all the difference in the world to have a psychiatrist who knows their stuff and believes in you!

Marguerite

About flamin' time! At last you're getting listened to, which means that maybe finally you will all get the help you so desperately need.

Marg

house of cards

I am glad you are finally being heard and understood. Having BiPolar (BP) shouldn't take away soooo much of our lifes, it should be managable. Wishing you the best and time that goes quickly until you are settled in.

'Chelle

Very happy that you found a psychiatrist who is receptive and has an open mind and seems to be thorough in actually looking through your stuff. It's a big leap toward actually helping your difficult child the way she needs.

B

butterflydreams

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy you have found someone who is ready to help and understands!:happyguy:

Christy

witzend

That's wonderful! So, do you have the house on the market already? It would sure be great if difficult child could get a fresh start next school year. As hard as they try to be better, other children never seem to forget.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Toto,

It is a seemingly small reward when we finally find a doctor with ears that do more than keep his glasses up.

I AM SO THRILLED FOR YOUR SUCCESS and I like her....she sounds like a warrior doctor! Can't beat that.

Still voting for the ZEBRA house - I think it has magical neighbors.

Next time don't fly - take the catbus -sorry couldn't resist!

Hugs
OH ......and say, did I see in there a psychiatrist for Y-O-U 2????

BRILLIANT - the woman gets MOOSE POOP!!!!!