PTC this week ....

shellyd67

Parent Teacher Conferences are this week for our School District.

I get extremely anxiety ridden worrying about difficult child's conference. husband always goes with me so I don't have to face the music alone.

difficult child's grades are usually A's or D's no happy medium.

His teacher is way to laid back for difficult child and drops the ball ALOT with all students ( I speak with many other parents who have similiar issues with him) I am prepared as best as I can be but still dread difficult child's PTC's .....

Love, Love, Love going to easy child's conference however. LOL

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad you enjoy going to easy child's conferences but am sorry that difficult child's are so stressful. In what way is the teacher dropping the ball?

B

brendan

OOOOH, I feel for you. I was really hopeful this year since difficult child has been on ritalin and celexa. He seems to be more focused, but PTC are always stressful!

by the way, your son seems very similar to mine. B is 10 and has a lot of your difficult children traits!!

shellyd67

@ wipedout ... each week difficult child has a math test, spelling test and science and or social studies test, his homework log lists that the test will be such and such a day but teacher never gives test until a week or so later (usually it is because he is not in the scheduled day of the test) .... He also had no IDEA that difficult child was going to special reading classes to help with his comprehension ??? He seems to be very disorganized and flightly ... I think he may have ADHD too !

KTMom91

I'm surprised the teacher doesn't have the sub give the test if he can't be there. I do that all the time, it's usually in the lesson plans. Sounds like the teacher doesn't have a good handle on things. Is this a first year teacher? Not making excuses for the guy; our district has supports in place for new teachers to help them stay organized.

I would find out what the problem is with remaining on schedule for testing, and see exactly where the ball is being dropped.

shellyd67

This is his 2nd year with the district and I remember hearing the same complaints I have last year from parents. He is way to laid back for difficult child. PTC is tomorrow night and I definetly plan on addressing all the issues. difficult child has said that he has the principal reprimand the class if they become unruly ???? Thankfully, difficult child has never had a disipline problem and is very well behaved in school.

KTMom91

Sounds to me like Teacher Dude has no idea what he's doing. Personally, I'd be all over the principal till I got some concrete answers about why my kid isn't being taught...but then, I'm confrontational.

shellyd67

KTMOM I plan on being confrontational and so does husband ... He may dance around his disorganization, etc ... but I will not let him ! difficult child is doing fairly well but needs a much more organized classroom. Friends and neighbors who have children in his class have the same complaints as husband and myself so I think the Teacher is going to be in the HOTSEAT !