Puddin Pops!!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
How many of you remember these and those awesome Bill Cosby commercials???

I started thinking about these last week when thank you was picking out pudding flavors. I remembered how good they were and what a special treat they were to me. Mom didn't buy them much because we were on such a tight budget. Several friends had parents that bought them often and the friends shared with me. I said thanks to one friend's mom, commenting that my mom didn't buy them very often but I REALLY liked the chocolate ones.

The mom, M, made a point of having them on hand if I was sleeping over (3 out of 4 weekends). M said that it was because I said Thank You to her for them. My friend was not the type to say thanks to her mom for most things cause "moms are supposed to do that stuff". I just learned about that and it amazed me what a simple act of good manners drilled into me by my mother could trigger in a frazzled parent (M had 5 kids and a demanding husband).

Anyway, how many of YOU loved Jello Pudding Pops???

Jess and thank you got flu shots yesterday. Any needle in a body part gets ice cream in our home. When we walked into the grocery store I found Pudding Pops again!!!

Yes, Popsicle IS making Pudding Pops again!!

So this month share a taste from YOUR childhood with your kids!! Enjoy!

Mattsmom277

We were poorer than poor. I think we once were given a real store bought one from a friends house. I do remember my mother making homemade ones though and I thought they were the cats meow!!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My mom had a set of plastic "pop" containers that came with the pop holders. She would put juice or kool-aid in those and make "ice pops" for us. We kids LOVED those things!

I remember pudding pops as well. I have to look for those. Do you know if they make a low-calorie version?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ohhhhhhh.....pudding pops are partly responsible for the current size of my butt. LOL

When husband and I first moved in together, it took me a few months to find a job. So....I was pretty much stuck at home while he worked at Breyers Ice Cream factory. It seemed like he was always bringing things home.....ice cream of course, novelty items, generic cool whip....all sorts of things. Some of it was from work (stuff they either made there or that the company made) and some of it was from the truck drivers. Sometimes a case of something would break open during transit and the driver would give it to the guys. One time he came home with two big boxes of Jello pudding pops (the chocolate ones!). I would eat one....think "Wow, that really hit the spot. I think I'll have another." and before I knew it, I had eaten four.

Thanks for reminding me. I think I'm going to have to watch for them! LOL

M

ML

I want to try making them. I will see if I can find a recipe that I can slightly tweak and make them healthier.

Mattsmom277

I typed in sugar free pudding pops recipes into google and the first link is an article with a ton of great recipes. I use the Jello Sugar Free pudding quite often. Skim milk makes a thinner pudding than 2% or half and half. I guess it depends on if the calories are worth the creaminess you get using the more fatty milk. I use either skim, sometimes 2%, when I make the plain pudding. I'd have to taste taste the pudding pops to see if the lower fat milk makes that big of a difference.

I have often made the sugar free pudding as a protein source since my gastric bypass. You can easily add a flavorless protein power to a serving of the pudding. Using the low fat milk to mix it has made for a tasty dessert that actually doubles as a protien booster. Gotta love that!!!

I've also turned the sugar free pudding into the base for a sugar free chocolate pie and a sugar free cheesecake. Yummm. I have boxes of it in the pantry. Now I have to make pudding pops AND a sugar free pie!