pulling my emergency brake

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
as I look at myself and what I have and have not done in the last 10 months since I left S2BX, I see I have been merely existing, completely overeating, and all around neglecting my own health. difficult child's influence this, but only I can choose to change it.

I know I am obese, have high cholesterol and high sugar. I am gasping for air when I go up a flight of steps. I can not let myself ignore the warning signs anymore.

sorry I am rambling in this moment of self correction. I only hope I listen, LOL:slap:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I have been there done that with the gasping for air going up a flight of stairs. What really made me decide I needed to get serious was in '96 on a visit to San Francisco from all the walking and my thighs rubbing together it became so raw it bled.

I started ww when I came home and for me it was a great decision.

With whatever you decide to do, start slowly with the exercising and start adding fruits and veggies along with plenty of water.

We're here for you and you can do it!

Marguerite

You know you need to diet when your thighs rub together with so much friction they set fire to your underwear.

Amaze, go for it. Keep telling yourself that a new life deserves a new you. With everything S2BX has put you through, don't add your weight gain to his list of achievements. Add your weight loss to your own list.

Marg

You can do this!!! Take it slowly - One step at a time. I think it is easier if you make small changes to your eating habits rather than try to do it all at once. Try to exercise a bit each day. Take a short walk at first. Increase the time you walk slowly. Have short term goals. Reward yourself by doing something nice for yourself after you reach each short term goal.

And, when things are tough, vent here. We'll be here for you!!!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! WFEN

bby31288

You can do this! It is so hard sometimes, and we don't take care of ourselves. Little things, maybe add some extra water, etc. Cut back on soda if you are a big soda drinker. Change your milk from whole to 1%. There is a new you waiting to shine!

LittleDudesMom

Amaze,
I can totally relate! When bonehead and I split, I did a lot of overeating - and that came on the tails of the "dark time" with difficult child. That was a time of little sleep and lots of food - more emotional than the bonehead situation. For a fews years after, a few pounds crept on a year; but most of it was there.

It took something inside to make the change. Sharon's incentive was raw inner thighs (hurts just to say it); Marg's incentive was the health of her liver.

Find your incentive. Staying healthy for the kids, getting "back on the market", of wanting to be the best you. Take some little baby steps and sub a healthy snack for one that used to be unhealthy. Then sub breakfast with a high fiber, whole grain cereal with fruit. Then work on getting a fruit and veggie in at lunch time. Make your life change gradual.

We are your cheering section.

Sharon

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
It's never too late to start. The important part is doing it. When I kicked out s2bx 5 months ago, I wallowed in it. (And since it hasn't been that long, I'm sure I may wallow some more at a later date.) But then I decided he had taken enough of my life away and I was going to get my life back. And for me, kicking him out was taking care of me and difficult child. So taking care of my health is just another step in that road. While some days I don't always feel like I deserve to take care of myself in healthy ways, I do it anyway. And once you get up those stairs without being out of breath, it will be worth it!! Trust me!!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
No one can make changes for you.
I decided A) I wasn't the garbage can and stopped eating the food the kids left behind(macaroni and cheese, toasted cheese sandwich). I didn't like waste. No more. I'm not where waste goes.
B) I was worth taking care of myself. I was allowed to feel good, have fun, enjoy the positive parts of life. I'm no beauty but I want and should feel attractive and comfortable in my skin.
C) I like the feeling of not being stuffed in my clothes.
D) I didn't like the feeling that people made judgments about who I was based on my size. For some reason I got the feeling I wasn't worth knowing or I was stupid because I was heavy. It made me angry. I'm still the same person.

Find your reasons and make changes. You don't have to conquer everything in one day. Break down your goals to something manageable. If I think I have a gadzillion pounds to loose I feel overwhelmed but I can loose 10 then another 10. If you don't go farther than the first step it's still an improvement.
Give yourself credit for being intelligent enough to figure out a plan then stick to it.