Puppy Question

DammitJanet

Now I expect that they will not like the crates at all because they will be separated. At first they can go in the same one if he will EVER bring in the one that is outside because it is about the size of the little space they sleep in now. I know, I am bringing it in today myself and putting it where that table is. The table can move. Buddy can jump up on top of the crate to look out the window. That table is buddy's table to look out the window but he can stand on the crate too. I will just put a towel over it. Solve that problem. This will also get me up earlier but I will have to go back to sleep after the puppies go out. I think I will let them have some play time in the big pen in the yard when they cant get out of it so they can get some energy out and I can feed them right before I put them in there.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good idea! Both for the crate and the playtime so you can go back to sleep. :)

When they outgrow the crate you have now, you can look into a larger version. I picked up the one for Sadie by accident, but it holds a 90 lb dog easily......I think it was extra large (and they're not kidding) that one should hold them until old enough to trust in the house I would think. It was 89.00 at walmart. I've held on to the one I bought and not returned it because I think it would be nice for Rowdy when he comes in during bitter winter days/nights. Would give him some moving around room. But it would be ok for Maggie too once she grows in to it, so now I'm glad I kept it. It will be a while before she can use it though. Heck, she has a while before she outgrows this one and it's a small. LOL