q got top marks on his first report card

buddy

Well, turns out this school only grades on a pass fail system. So he is passing everything. Actually for him this kind of system makes sense. He is there daily and tries his best to do all his work so.....

I usually just throw out his report cards, this time I put it on the refrigerator and told him he was a rock star!

InsaneCdn

The things that are working in Q's life right now, are really working - including school, at least to some degree.
SO nice that he gets some positive reinforcement.

SuZir

Way To Go Q!!!

You have a good reason to be proud of him, buddy!

It is really the shame that this school is giving so much grief to you, when it seems to work so well for Q. I do hope so much, that it would work itself out, because it seems that Q is finally in the school environment that works for him.

T

TeDo

You tell him that I am SOOOOOOOOOO proud of him!! That is amazing. Can you get copies of old report cards from the other school (to show them the HUGE difference)? That and the emails about all the "good days" he's had recently should be enough to show them he's a "success" story for their school.

buddy

Thanks! I think tedo, the old timers could care less. I met with home psychiatric and the letters about the project will go out in a couple of weeks(has to be reviewed etc.)

S

Signorina

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.woohoo.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

lovelyboy

So glad for you guys!!!! This is the moments we live for!!!!
Hope with my sons moving to new school, that me and you will both be moving into more positive " spaces"!
I heard about another AS/ADD boy in this new school, that he had to stop medications, because of side effects...so he couldnt write exams....So this new principal said...Let him write if he wants to and then told mom, if he does badly...they will not tell him that....They will put him to next grade based on good year marks!!! Nice to know there is still people out there who actually cares and understands!

buddy

Wow! Someone who gets the big picture, right Lovelyboy? Sounds so promising. And yes, our boys are due an upswing for sure.