Quads

susiestar

Roll With It
Loth,

I would not owrry about the laws. Just call child protection. Tell htem that YOUR children are being endangered by these people letting a 4yo and a 6 yo ride quads unsupervised. The quads are too big, too fast, and every child in the area (including the ones on the quads) are being endangered.

CPS has very different standards than the laws. You will need the exact address the kids live in.

susie

Lothlorien

Well, I just fired off an email to the director of public safety. Let's see what happens from here. I'll keep CPS on the back burner for now. CPS does not exactly have a good rep in NJ and I'm not sure they'll be willing to do anything here, but take a visit to the home. If they found out I had called, we'd definitely have some backlash.

Lothlorien

It appears that I had to notify the police chief that indeed there are laws in NJ about riding quads. I found the article about the 6 year old's death and apparently, the law is 14 and up, no exceptions to the rule. I forwarded the article and told him to google the thousands of articles regarding ATV deaths and serious injuries. The girl that babysits for me told me that one of her classmates' father let him ride a quad with a broken arm and duct taped it to his quad, so they could race! I swear they are all rock chewing hillbillies around here!

Lothlorien

You know, the ones with half their teeth broken, overall wearing and "ain't changed the erl on me tractor if 15 yers." That kind of rock-chewing hillbillies!