Question About CBD Oil

pasajes4

I am considering ordering some of this oil for my mother.

If any one on the forum has any experience in using this product for pain relief or to increase appetite, please pm me.

My mother is in extreme pain and is unable to eat more than a few bites of food a day. She does not tolerate traditional pain relief medications.

Thanks

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I use it for pain and anxiety relief. I have found that it helps a bit with both issues. I have not found that it helps with appetite.

Reaction to CBD is VERY individual, though.

pasajes4

Going North, I see a lot of them advertised. Can you recommend one. I don't want to wind up buying snake oil. Planet K has a variety of different brands. I just don't know enough about the different brands. I feel that if she can get some pain relief, her appetite may improve.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Going North, I see a lot of them advertised. Can you recommend one. I don't want to wind up buying snake oil. Planet K has a variety of different brands. I just don't know enough about the different brands. I feel that if she can get some pain relief, her appetite may improve.

I use IRIE Hemp, which is by no means the best on the market. There are other extracts out since, and I'm not qualified to make a recommendation. I'd suggest reading reviews, looking at concentrations, and making your decisions from there. Like I said, it has no effect on my appetite. When husband was dying and desperately needed an appetite stimulant, it was the whole plant that did the trick. (You have to cook it in oil to de-carbolize it. I used butter and then used the butter to make cookies or other baked goods. husband's lungs were wrecked both from oil smoke and gas in the Gulf and chemo, so he couldn't smoke it.) I don't know if it was the THC, or other active principles that stimulated his appetite, but he put on 25 much needed pounds as a result.

pasajes4

I wish she could smoke. I may have to go against the state of Texas and buy some to make an extract to put in a beverage.

Thank you for your most helpful information.

KTMom91

I use CBD powder for relief from chronic pain. I don't want to smoke because of my job; I don't want the smell on me. The powder is easy to use; I can put it on food or just put it under my tongue.

ksm

I have just ordered cannabis essential oil. It is a very small bottle, and this is to be used topically. You add a few drops to a carrier oil (like coconut oil, jojoba, sweet almond, etc.) then it is used as a lotion. Many reviewers gave it 5 stars for helping with pain and anxiety and sleep. I will report back after I try...

It says it does not cause a person to test positive...

Ksm

pasajes4

I will not be able to order cannabis based oils in Texas. I can get Hemp oil, but it does not have the medicinal properties that would prove to be beneficial for mom's needs.

I am a law abiding citizen who is now contemplating breaking the law. This is not a place where I had ever envisioned myself being.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Hemp IS cannabis. CBD or cannabidol is extracted from hemp, not its intoxicating cousin marijuana, which also contains THC. CBD is legal in all 50 states. (or will be legal until AG Sessions has his way)

pasajes4

CBD oil is illegal in Texas. Hemp oil can be sold but the amount of actual Hemp oil cannot exceed some tiny amount.