Question about marijuana

Steely

Marijuana is the toughest drug to get out of your system because it gets absorbed into your body fat. Therefore the length of time depends on how much one smoked, and how much body fat one has. Upwards of 6 weeks for some - maybe a week for others. I have heard there a million cleanses out there for this sort of thing - never researched it or used any to tell you if they work or not. I think the best ones are at Health Food Store.

InsaneCdn

It took my bro at least 6 months. He wasn't overweight, but had a bit of extra. MD made him lose more than necessary over a 6-month timeframe, then gain it back. This was because sometimes bro was involved in physically-intensive work (forestry, fishery) where he would get "lean", and burning into that stored fat would re-release the drug into his system.

He had already been off the drug for at least a year - maybe two. But he kept getting "flash-backs", and couldn't figure out why. Next job was going to require drug testing... thus, the trip to the MD to figure this out... MD wrote letter to company explaining the process bro would be going through, and that if they found traces of this drug on the tests over the next 6 months, they were to ignore it. Any other drug - or this one more than six months out - were not to be ignored.

keista

An acquaintance once told me that you dip your fingers in bleach, and then when you go in the cup, your pee on your fingers into the cup. Don't know if it works or or if results indicate the bleach or anything. Just a tidbit I've picked up along the road of life.

I've heard the average it stays in the system is 6 weeks.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I've heard about six weeks as well. difficult child has to go take a drug test for her new job and she confessed that she's smoked pot twice this summer, the first time about a month ago and the last time about a week ago. Otherwise, she hasn't smoked it in almost a year. First I called her a horse's **** then told her to drink LOTS of water, take Emergen-C and cranberry tabs. I've heard that works really well, to flush it out of the system if it's only minimal pot use in about a week. Then, the day of the test, take a B-complex.....AND THEN KNOCK IT OFF! I'm not too worried about her, she hardly drinks and apparently only smokes pot on occasion. HOWEVER, no pot is better than a little pot in this case. I just wonder why the heck she'd smoke it while job hunting. EVERYONE requests drug tests these days! Jeez. What a dope (pun intended).

Thanks for the info.

KTMom91

Since it's fat soluble, it can take anywhere from 30 to 45 days, depending on the amount.

One of my former students said that drinking pectin could make you test clean. Don't know if that's true or not.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It's been years for me. But... O smoked it a LOT for a while there, and still managed to test clean after 30 days.

So... I've heard tons of remedies, but fact of the matter is, the only good way to get it out of your system is TIME.

Oh... And the bleach? Shows up (sort of), messes up the pH of urine, too. They will know something happened, if not exactly what.

Smartest thing? Don't.

(I will be honest - it's been years, but, yes, I did try it.)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
(I will be honest - it's been years, but, yes, I did try it.)

Hahahaha, roflmao. I tried it for about two years when I was a teen. One day I woke up and lost interest completely. Never touched it again. No testing back then so no worries about how long it took to get out of my system. Hahaha. You're funny, Step. You're correct of course about the smartest thing is to NOT.

DammitJanet

Jo...tell her to get a sample from her sister if her sister doesnt take anything. Thats the best way. You cant do it because you take medications. I dont think her sister does. Or at least no pain medications. Sister just pees in a cup, difficult child pours about two tablespoons into a condom and then tapes it to her groin so it stays hot. Or if she is fairly large breasted she can put it under her boob. Anywhere to keep it body temp. They will send her into a potty without her purse and tell her not to wash her hands or flush so she has to take the condom out with her in her pocket or bra.

Simple as pie.

Can you tell I have watched people beat pee tests for years? LOL.

DDD

At the health store they sell a package that is designed to be a "full body wash" to get rid of impurities. It costs around $25 bucks and you have to drink alot of water. You'll test clean. There is some tricky timing on using it and I don't remember what it is. If you don't time it right your urine will be obviously watered down which PO's see as a sign that you've used it. I know difficult child used to take it around 8 pm and drink water all night and then make sure his appointment. wasn't until around 2 PM.

Geez, the things I wish I didn't know. DDD

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Danny used to use something called 'Goldseal" or Goldbond - can't remember which. I have a call into him to ask him where you get it.

But tell her NOT to eat anything with Poppy Seeds, like a bagle - you will test positive

Marcie

DDD

The name is OMNI Cleansing Caps. Just got it from the horse's mouth. Take all four pills around 8 at night, don't eat anything, drink water, more water and some extra water. What a life! DDD

keista

:rofl:Janet, your post reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine failed her first test (due to poppy muffins) and then got a sample form her menopausal mother ant then wasn't cleared for the trip she wanted to go on because of menopause and osteoporosis.

And Marci is right about the poppies (see above) AND I saw a Mythbusters episode where they proved that you would test positive for opiates by even moderately eating poppy laden food. I forget all the details of quantity and time. but do remember that the cheap generic tests do not distinguish opiates and if you test positive you should ask for the "fancy" test that distinguishes from the food sources and narcotic sources.

And by the way, I was once told that high consumption of sesame seeds can cause you to test positive for marijuana use. Apparently has the same chemical compound. Do not know if it's true or not. Found this link for common causes of a false positive.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_testing.shtml

muttmeister

Yeah, I was just thinking, it is amazing the knowledge we all have. I'm glad I don't have to do a drug test; last time I was at difficult child's he gave me a piece of candy; yup, laced with pot. It was good candy but I'm beyond wanting to feel like that. Didn't really enjoy it when I was young and I sure as heck don't enjoy it now. Of course, he thought it was a riot. I didn't make a big deal of it or I'd never be able to eat anything at his house again. Oh, well...

InsaneCdn

Warrior Moms really DO know everything!

Well... no one of us does.

But when we get our heads together... lets just say its a good thing that we're trying to do the "right" things and not "otherwise"... or the world would be in bigger trouble than it already is.