Question of the day... washing dishes

AppleCori

I had ignored this question...but I do dishes by hand. We just wash under running water and let air dry unless there's so many we have to hand dry. We aren't picky with dishtowels. I have terry, waffle weave, and plain old cotton flour-sack type.

I do not wash by hand because I want to.

Our dishwasher broke about 2 1/2 years ago. There's been a lovely new one in the basement for a year and a half...along with my beautiful new 5 burner gas range and new kitchen cabinets. All waiting for our basement remodel that I'm beginning to think will never come. :(

Do you mean a "kitchen remodel"?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
- Do you still wash and dry dishes (by-hand) the old-fashioned way? The ones that I have determined cannot go into the dishwasher for whatever reason (Teflon, too large/small, ceramic knives because they break, aluminum ice cream scoop because calcium deposits adhere to it)

- What types of tea-towels do you use? Waffle-knit? Linen? Terry towel? Other? Terry mostly, a few waffle.

- What do you call the towels you dry dishes with? Dish towels

- What do you call the drawer where you keep table settings? Silverware drawer

- Do you fill a separate sink with rinse water, or do you rinse under running water after you're done washing? Running water. Too many floaties in a rinse sink.

- Where do you hang your dish or tea towels to dry after use? I have a specific hook for them

- Do you dry-out the sink basins after you're done washing/drying dishes? ...They air dry

- How often do you change-out used dish-drying towels for freshly laundered? as needed - could be 3 a day or 3 days

- Do you like plain coloured dish drying towels, or do you go for the more fancy ones with patterns and scenes and prints and things? The printed stuff tends to make them rough and not as useful, but as long as they soak up water I'm good.

- Do you remember helping your mom wash and dry dishes when you were younger? Yup. And then it was my job as a teen. UGH.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...Interestingly, we have a water saver dishwasher, and it does a fasntastic job as long as we don't overload it!

Lil

Do you mean a "kitchen remodel"?

LOL - Unfortunately, I mean both! Basement is pretty much gutted and kitchen needs to be. But I do need to do the kitchen remodel to get the stuff out of the basement for the basement remodel!
:faint: