Question of the day... wooden clothespins vs plastic

Pink Elephant

Goodness me, what has this world come to! LOL! Call me old-fashioned, but when it comes to clothespins, wood, is the only way for me!

- Do you use wooden or plastic clothespins?

- What prompted you to choose one over the other?

- How long have you been line-drying for?

- Do you have an umbrella clothesline, a fixed line, or an old-fashioned pulley wheel line?

- Where do you keep your clothespins when not in use?

- Has anyone else noticed how poor the quality has gotten in the way of wooden clothespins?

- Is there anything you won't hang on a clothesline?

- Is there anything you hang on the line that seems odd or unusual?

- When hanging towels and linens and things (diapers, etc), do you use two pins to hang such, or do you carry-over the loose corner waiting for the second pin and fasten that corner with a corner of the next item to help save on pin use?

Pink Elephant

- Do you use wooden or plastic clothespins? Wood! Always wood!

- What prompted you to choose one over the other? Love the natural quality of wood and how it feels in my hands

- How long have you been line-drying for? Forever! Like over 40 years now!

- Do you have an umbrella clothesline, a fixed line, or an old-fashioned pulley wheel line? Old-fashioned pulley-wheel line! The kind that squeaks as you send it out or draw it in

- Where do you keep your clothespins when not in use? In a wicker basket in the back porch

- Has anyone else noticed how poor the quality has gotten in the way of wooden clothespins? Yes! That's why I bought a stash of old wooden pins many years ago!

- Is there anything you won't hang on a clothesline? Nope! LOL! If I can hang it and it needs hanging, on the line it goes! Anything and everything is fair-game!

- Is there anything you hang on the line that seems odd or unusual? Yes and no... I hang plastic bags and baggies on the line to dry (yes, I hand-wash all food related plastic bags and reuse)

- When hanging towels and linens and things (diapers, etc), do you use two pins to hang such, or do you carry-over the loose corner waiting for the second pin and fasten that corner with a corner of the next item to help save on pin use? Two pins per item! I have loads of pins at my disposal!