Question of the day... wooden spoons vs plastic/nylon spoons

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Old-hand, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Old-hand

Old-hand Active Member

So... what is your go-to spoon when it comes to cooking, and why?

- Do you use wooden or nylon/plastic spoons?

- Depending on which type you use, what do you like about the type that you use?

- Where do you keep your cooking spoons?

- Do you buy more expensive spoons, or multi-pack economy ones?

- As a sort of piggyback question to this conversation, do you use a wooden or plastic cutting board?

2. Old-hand

Old-hand Active Member

- Do you use wooden or nylon/plastic spoons? Wood, but do have a few plastic ones. Love wood way better!

- Depending on which type you use, what do you like about the type that you use? Wood is natural, feels good when using, and wood possesses a natural enzyme that helps kill bacteria

- Where do you keep your cooking spoons? In the silverware drawer. I used to have a clay pottery vase I stood them up in on the counter

- Do you buy more expensive spoons, or multi-pack economy ones? Cheap economy ones

- As a sort of piggyback question to this conversation, do you use a wooden or plastic cutting board? Wood

3. Tanya M

Tanya M Living with an attitude of gratitude Staff Member

I use wooden or metal.

I have a set of bamboo that I really love. My favorite are 2 spatula type that are great for sauteing.

I have some great large metal spoons that I like to use to serve with.

Cutting board(s) are wood. I have different sizes. I do have one that is a plastic type and that one is only used for onions.