Question re Washing machines

ctmom05

We got a new washer a few months ago after some deliberation. I recommend checking user/customer reviews on several sites before you make a decision!

busywend

I am at work, so I have no idea what I have at home, but I LOVE both the washer and dryer! Not one complaint at all. I know it is a top loader around 7 years old. I personally would check craigslist and the newspaper for used items before buying new again.

Janet, I am with you, but I want a machine that will fold and put away my laundry! I guess that would be my only problem with my current machines - they do not fold or put away my stuff!

witzend

They work really well. Do use the HE detergent, or you won't be happy with them. I use less than is recommended, but our water is very soft, so we don't need much.

klmno

Do you have a top loading, Witz? See, I can't be sure that it's our assumption that these just couldn't possibly get our clothes as clean, or if it's fact.

Lisa, you cracked me up with the tub and wringer being on your wish list. I remember my grandmother having to use that type of washer when I was very young and I can tell you for sure, a washing machine without a wringer was on HER wish list. LOL!

I learned where the Sears scracth & dent store is today- I'll check them out as soon as I can. Then, I guess I'll have to account for paying for delivery. I don't know if I can get a good enough deal to make that worth it. If I have to pay XX amount total, I'd prefer it go for the machines and not delivery.