Quick! Come To A Surprise Housewarming Party !

DDD

Somehow :smile: I missed the announcement that Karen decided
to move into an apartment this weekend. Yikes! We've been cyber
friends for years and I "missed it"? Guess, it's been too busy
a week around my joint. :hammer:

So.........grab a gift and let's surprise her!

As a dedicated Irish lass I am bring a bottle of Cutty Sark!
:rofl: I'm also bring big fat stone crab claws with the sauce
that only Joe's Stone Crabs in Miami can provide. :wink: It wasn't
easy getting "Joe" to open up on Sunday morning BUT once he heard
it was for Karen........whoosh, he was there in a flash.

"May the wind always be on yer back", my friend. Cheers. DDD

nvts

I'll bring the Baily's Irish Cream,(staying true to the Irish custom of having the "hair of the dog" coffee the next morning!) and the dreaded "Fresh Fruit with Cheesecake Dip" in honor of the wonderful occasion.

Since I've been bugging her on most of her posts for Halloween Decorations to be sure that she truly enjoys her first holiday in her new digs:

:vampire: :ghost: :goo: :frankenstein: :jack:

Congrats on the new Digs for you and easy child!

Beth

PS: You don't know HOW much I envy you right now!

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm bringing a drill to help hang the curtains (something I can only do in cyberspace).

And some wondertful Hershey Symphony brownies to keep our strength up.

~Kathy

skeeter

I'm going to find the tackiest, purple with beads and fringe, lamp I can. It's going to be a "girls" apartment, so I think it needs something like this.

I'll also bring cheesecake. Everything goes better with cheesecake.

ck1

I'll bring some good music (my favorite is Michael Buble') to blast while unpacking...makes it go faster!

meowbunny

Bringing the perfect mugs for Irish coffee. Of course, I'm adding a bottle of Dunphy's (triple distilled), the coffeemaker, my own blend of coffee and the whipped cream! Happy moving, Karen!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I will bring giant pot of homemade chili, cornbread on the side, and an Mixed Berry Pie for dessert, along with a bottle of bubbly (to go with Mr. Buble)!

Congrats Karen & easy child~

susiestar

Roll With It
I will bring my famous Bourbon Balls (small, delectable balls of chocolate and coffee mixed with the finest Bourbon and dipped in a rich chocolate coating) and a big ole tray of apples and caramel dip.

See you soon!!

Susie

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Wait for me - am bringing you a broom, a coin and a loaf of bread - an Italian custom they did in my family - meaning may your house always be clean, you have money in your pocket and always have something to eat.

I will have to pass on the Chili, its not kind to my insides, but am bringing a hugh platter of fresh Sushi and lots of bottles of Saki..

Oops, and a big potted plant...

Marcie

mom_in_training

Well I see the food is all handled, By the way sounds good :) I bring a beautiful potted plant to represent growth and change to brighten up everyday along with a handcrafted cross-stitch that displays a cottage adorned with a colorful garden that is framed in cherrywood to add to your decor.

busywend

WAIT!!! We have 2 housewarmings to attend to! BBK moved this weekend, too!

I will be bringing some candles and a bottle of wine for each of you!

wakeupcall

Not without me!!!!! Here I come with margaritas made with fresh limes from TX, with lots of chips and salsa so we will get thirsty and have to have more!!!

There will be alot of us there.....hmmmmmm, I think I'll also bring a sleeping bag. HEY...that's IT! We'll have a sleep over! We wouldn't want to drink and drive, right?? Karen, you have plenty of floor space, don't you? WOOHOOO, I can hardly wait to get there!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Food and drink seem to be taken care of.

Let's see, I'll bring both Karen and BBK a crockpot so they can have home cooked meals without having slave over a hot stove for hours.

And hidden in the bottom of each crockpot is a gift certificate for a free make over for each at the salon of their choice. :picture:

TerryJ2

I'll do wall murals ... and if the ceiling is high enough, I'll do that, too!
I'm easy--I can do a margarita, white wine, Bailey's, or even ice water. In fact, don't serve me anything except ice water if I have to climb a scaffolding.
Skeeter, if you're doing purple fringed lamps, I should bring a leopard print bathrobe and bedspread. I don't know why, but all the mail order catalogs are putting pink, purple and leopard print together. :smirk:

saving grace

Hmmm looks like arriving fashionably late is going to make it hard to decide what to bring. I'm thinking some nice yankee candles, maybe something with a nice warm homey scent, something for Fall, like apples or oh oh they have a new scent called Fall Wreath that would be nice.

I cant wait to tase the chili and cornbread, mouth is watering right now

Grace

trinityroyal

Sorry I'm late. From the "Great White North", some pure Canadian maple syrup, for Karen and PCs first breakfast in their new home, and a bottle of icewine for a toast.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
My favorite housewarming gift when exdh and I split up was a pink leather tool belt. Since Karen and BBK will be doing things on their own ("I Am Woman, Hear Me ROAR"), I will be bringing them pink leather tool belts, too.

...with a decent hammer to knock some sense into her ex's head. :hammer:

.........and :smile:

Suz