Quick question about freezing pasta

Wiped Out

Staff member
In a way this is another lasagna question even though I've made lasagna all my life.

Today I decided to make an extra one so I can freeze it. Does anyone know if I bake it first and then freeze it or freeze it as it is?

mom_to_3

When I have done that, I freeze it first and then bake. I will say tho that I have not frozen a lasagna that was made from no cook noodles. Just as an fyi....... I've been reading about people soaking their noodles instead of cooking them before assembling the lasagna. That sound interesting. Good luck!

jal

Freeze first, then bake with your xtra one. When I make a big lasagne (1) I cook it and what is left over I freeze and it freezes well.

susiestar

Roll With It
It will work either way.

FYI, ANY pasta or noodle can be soaked instead of cooked. You can also put the pasta/noodle into boiling water, cover it and turn the heat off. I usually get spaghetti to be done in 10-15 minutes or so this way.

M

ML

I have done it both ways and prefer to not bake it first. And guess what we are having tonight? Lasagna that I froze a few weeks ago!

SRL

Just don't put it in a glass pan. The temperature change will shatter it.

I nearly always put it in my old Pyrex glass 9 x 13 pans and have never had any trouble with it. I lower the temperature and then raise it halfway through.

I've heard there's problems with the newer, "greener" glassware not being able to tolerate high temps and shattering.