quick update on Grandma....when it rains it pours!

Mom2oddson

I've got just a couple of minutes and then I have to go back to the hospital to sit with Grandma.

Grandma seems to be feeling better but they think she may have C. Diff (some super bad bug) and they can't send her home until they are sure that she doesn't have it. It's very contagious and can be spread by contact. They tell us this 48 hrs after we've been dealing with Grandma.

Mom got very sick last night. Dad took her to the emergency room at 9pm (this is the Navy ER - on the other side of town). At 6am they were doing a CT scan on Mom. They can't get the nausea under control. She's had so much anti-nausea medications that she's hallucinating. Dad doesn't think they'll be out of there before noon - if they let Mom go home. Mom has a very weak immune system and ends up on a long hospital stay with the flu....

So, with Dad/Mom at one hospital and Grandma at the other, that means my handicapped sister is home alone. So I've been running back and forth between hospitals and my sister.

Usually, I'd have Steph help me, but she came down with the flu bug yesterday morning. At least I hope it's the flu bug that has been going around school.

I need to clone myself. Wish me luck and I'll update when I can. Sure wish I had got that smart phone now.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well that is just awful! Please be sure to make sure YOUR immune system is up to par by taking plenty of vitamin c and your mulit, drink lots of water and perhaps wear a mask when with grams. Yeesh! I hope everyone is on the mend soon!

buddy

oh my word, that is terrible. So many with stomach symptoms, C diff is so contagious it is a huge chance they all have it. I remember watching something after my niece had it (gets sick so easy, always gets things worse than others) where they said by far and away most cases are contracted in the hospital and then next nursing homes....but it makes sense because they said half the cases start after people are on antibiotics (they said we all have some of that bacteria at times but whether it turns into an infection depends on our having the good bacteria and immune system to fight it) and the intestinal tract is disrupted (good bacteria etc. all goofed up from the treatment).

I am sure you already checked on all of that but I just remembered it because we were talking about it when Makenna got so sick. Our family was on heightened awareness. I sure hope they recover sooner than later, it can be so serious for people who can't fight it off. I hope they check your mom for it especially. Sounds just miserable for all of you. This is just not what you needed added to the already stressful situation. I will send lots of prayers and positive energy to you and all of them to heal quickly!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Oh my, please be so careful with this. I hope for gmom's sake it is not and that mom didn't contract it either. This is not a good bug to have or to go around. I've seen it's devastation first hand and it's not a good one. Not to alarm you. Gmom is the one that I fear for the most right now, secondary to your mom, then you. Please, take care.

TerryJ2

Yikes!!!!! I am so sorry!
Please stay strong. Take Airborne and get some sleep, even if you think you don't have time.
Fingers crossed for all of you...

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
C Diff infections are very contageous - SO's mom got one from taking too many antibiotics-it kills the bad bacteria then does in the the good ones - I think she was in the hospital for a month last time. And of course, she now has a Mrsa infection from the hospital which is taking forever to heal up due to where it is at (between her butt cheeks) and having diabetes type 11 its taking forever to get better.

Hopefully your mom just has a flu bug - but if she is at all assisting gramma with the bathroom, she needs to wear gloves for a while

Marcie

Star*

call 911........call 911
M2OS

I think the hospital should provide you with DISPOSABLE EVERYTHING - suits, gloves...masks......and lysol the mess out of your shoes before you leave or keep a bottle of diluted bleach water in your car and spray the bottom of your shoes so you don't track it home and to Mom..back to Gma -back to sister.....and to your house. (not kidding)

I wish you strength and wellness - and cloning machine. I've never heard of this CDiff bug but after reading what Marcie wrote - I'm making sure I'm masking up ........and gloving up.......and well you just tell me what I can do from here for you! ? (puts on hermedically sealed suit and waives)

HUGS & LOVE