Quick update

flutterby

Fly away!
difficult child came home from psychiatric hospital Friday and is doing very, very well. She hasn't this kind of stability in years. She has shared a lot of insight, and a couple very profound statements, and (gasp) empathy.

Even her stutter has markedly improved.

The medications play a huge role (I've updated my profile to show her medications), but I think, too, is that she has never before had to endure an uncomfortable situation for very long. She did, and she survived it. Without me.

One of the profound statements: "Mom, all you are is a doctor in this house. I don't need a doctor; I need a parent."

She even let me hug her. A real hug.

And when easy child's DF ruined Easter dinner last night, difficult child didn't get upset. She just said to me that "[DF] needs to loosen up". LOL She is right about that.

Just wanted to let you all know.

Now, send major juju to thwart the board jinx. :)

TerryJ2

Wow! That is fantastic!!!!! The medications and therapy must be working. You must be so happy!!!!!! And SHE must be so happy! I know she loves the feeling. Woo hoo! I hope the good work continues.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
:holymoly:
Enjoy. You deserve this break, for once. Tell DF to knock off the drama....you're on vacation from it.

flutterby

Fly away!
Thanks, ladies.

I'm not deluding myself for one minute that everything is rosy and is going to stay that way. But, I told difficult child when she went in, when she said that a few days isn't going to "fix" anything, that I was just hoping for a jumpstart. And I think she got it.

Like this? Residential is the last thing on my mind.

I saw therapist today and she is thrilled (difficult child sees her tomorrow). She said she hasn't seen me this relaxed since she's known me.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope it is indeed a jumpstart that sends her in the right direction and keeps her that way! That's so great to hear :)

susiestar

Roll With It
AWESOME!!! I am so happy for both of you! I hope that this is the jumpstart she needed to learn that she really CAN help herself, and that medications are not always bad. Sending lots of positive juju to thwart any jinx.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Drumming up some major juju myself. Fabulous!!! I hope she stays headed in the right direction and you get a good long break from major difficult child behaviors.

Give her a big auntie hug from me. :D

flutterby

Fly away!
She refused the Remeron tonight, saying she was already exhausted and didn't need it. She claimed she's still tired during the day. However, a few days ago she claimed she liked Remeron much better than Trazadone...that it works better and doesn't leave her feeling so tired. And I've noticed she isn't so tired during the day.

So, not a good sign. We shall see....

Of course, she didn't seem to be in a very good mood and that's when the non-compliance with medications start. Start fresh tomorrow....

klmno

Can you get her to log her moods and how she's feeling in a daily journal so maybe she can see for herself that the days she takes the medications she feels better?