Quick Update

toughlovin

Hi all,

Well we just got home tonight from a wonderful 3 week trip to Cambdia and Vietnam Very interesting and exciting although not really relaxing. I am so glad I went. I a bit anxious about going mostly because I was afraid I would get that dreaded phone call that my son had left the program he was in. I knew I couldnt/shouldnt back out of the trip becase really if he left what was I I going to do anyway? Still it made me nervous.

However we never got that call and had a fabulous trip and I am really glad we went.....it is so important that we continue on with our lives no matter what our difficult children are doing.

So we will see him tomorrow night and get a real read on how he is doing.

TL

Sent from my iPad using ConductDisorders

Nancy

I'm so glad your trip was good and you didn't get that dreaded call. What made you go there, was there a specific reason or just on your places to see?

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

toughlovin

A woman from our church started an orphanage in Cambodia and so we went to see the work she is doing which is wonderful.... and while we were there a group of us thought it would be interesting to see Vietnam.... which it was!!! I loved both countries and would definitely go back.

Childofmine

one day at a time
Great confirmation and reminder that we must go on with our lives. Don't stop for our difficult children. Live our own lives and enjoy every moment of them.

Nancy

What a wonderful project, I'll bet it was really satisfying to see the fruits of their efforts. The bachelor is filming in Vietnam this week and from the previews it's not the Vietnam we think of from the war days, it's beautiful.

toughlovin

What was really wonderful about the trip to Vietnam was seeing it as a country in its own right, with a history and culture in its own right, so much more than just the war in Vietnam. The people are lovely and very welcoming to tourists and do not seem to hold a grudge against Americans!

TL