"quit playing in the trees like monkeys" nets criminal charges?

dreamer

OK, several letters to editor HAVE been written to the paper sinc3e I originally posted this, but the original story I read about it WAS a news article. ANd the woman accused of makeing a racist slur has lost her job............altho I no longer remember what her job was.
I have to admit I am not up to date on what constitutes a racial slur......and yeah, I call all climbing children little monkeys......well, I used to, anyway, but now I will be more careful, but I will resent haveing to be so careful. Anyone who knows me knows I do not ever say confrontational things on purpose, I do not maliciously ever hurt others, I am not mean, etc.
Truth is, there are not many AA people here in my town, few in my county (altho we are getting more) There were none where I went to school, none in my kids schools, not becuz I actively made a choice to live where there are no AA, or much racial diversity,. but more becuz I simply have stayed my whole life where I grew up, and so did my parents. It just happened this way. My biggest exposure to any diversity is when I take my kids to the city to their docs etc.............and when I have been there, staying at RMH etc.....my experiences have been great with all kinds of people from other countries, and all kinds of ethnic backgrounds.
I fear that when people jump the gun so quick to accuse of racial slur when there might not have been one intended, everyone is creating a problem. I find that sad. It sure is makeing me afraid to say anything to anyone about anything. ANd to me, that will promote continued segregation.

Sara PA

The woman diddn't lose her job, she resigned as a pledged Obama delegate to the Democratic National Convention. She is currently a trustee for the Village of Carpentersville but at this time doesn't think she will run for reelection next April when her term is up.

Sara PA

Huh? Being a delegate isn't a job. If being a trustee is a "job", it's an elected position and the decision about running is hers to make. Meanwhile she has the position until next year unless she chooses to resign.

dreamer

I am talking about her regular, paying job....she lost her job...............when this all began................

Sara PA

I couldn't find any information that indicates she lost her job. Instead I found more recent articles that say she didn't resign as an Obama delegate after all. The Obama campaign is satisfied that it was all a misunderstanding.

Abbey

Spork Queen
My, my. I guess you learn something new every day. I never knew 'monkey' was a racial issue. To me, they're cute little animals that climb in the trees.

Abbey