Quotes :O)

Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got. - Robert Brault

One of the happiest moments ever is when you find the courage to let go of the things you can not change.

"The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."—Mother Teresa

Helen Keller......The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they can only be felt with the heart.

I f a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps he walks to the beat of a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.......Henry D Thorough

scent of cedar

Be brave and be strong, and be open to all those who need you. I count upon your cleverness as always, your nerve, and your cunning. But just as much, I count upon your generous and educated heart. ~ Anne Rice

SuZir

Something that has often been in my mind lately concerning my difficult child:

"It's not very hard to be brave, if you are not afraid." - Tove Jansson

nerfherder

My daughter the Perfect Enough Child shared a really odd one with me. She worked the Whole Earth Festival at UC Davis this past weekend (we all used to until we the ranchers left Davis, CA) and Alan Miller, one of the coordinators, was ranting about how "open" the Karma Dome (the very large dome tent used as the base of operations, communications central, Karma Patrol crash space and safe decompression space) is, to the point where it's starting to be a known pilfering spot. The year before we left, I was on staff as "Dome Mom" - and I don't think anything got pilfered that year.

"People have learned that they can just come into the Karma Dome and take whatever they want. It's a trust problem. These people are too trusting! If trust were f*rts, these people would be letting it out of their- I don't even know where I'm going with this metaphor."

scent of cedar

There's a place inside that you must keep inviolate. You must keep it pristine. Clean. So that nobody has a right to curse you or treat you badly. Nobody. No mother, father, no wife, no husband, no ~ nobody. You have to have a place where you say: "Stop it. Back up. Don't you know I'm a child of God?"

Dr. Maya Angelou

Last edited:

DammitJanet

The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone, is the character of the person who is walking the path.

attributed to Travis Alexander.