Quotes

H

HaoZi

PS_0772W_CAN_EXPLAIN_PIC2.jpg

DS3

Even though your kids will consistently do the exact opposite of what you're telling them to do, you have to keep loving them just as much.
Bill Cosby

Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home.
Bill Cosby

I guess the real reason that my wife and I had children is the same reason that Napoleon had for invading Russia: it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Bill Cosby

No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids. Their behavior is always normal.
Bill Cosby

Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and quiet.
Bill Cosby

When you become senile, you won't know it.
Bill Cosby

You know the only people who are always sure about the proper way to raise children? Those who've never had any.
Bill Cosby

DS3

friendship,images,interesting,quotes,relationships,misery-4888d27a9d799b12b9896d3fc69f857a_h_large.jpg

This one is so true for me. At times I believe I should lower my expectations, and then I realize that I just need better people in my life that hold the same expectations that I do.

H

HaoZi

One may not reach the dawn save by the path of the night.

March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path.

Beauty in not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.

Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.

Your children are not your children.

They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.

They come through you but not from you.

And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts.

For they have their own thoughts.

You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
Which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you,
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might that His arrows might go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

-Kahlil Gibran

DS3

How many of us use this quote on a daily/weekly/monthly basis? It's an oldie, but a goodie...

http://2.BiPolar (BP).blogspot.com/_2HVxhvUXrxo/TCRCnnMF2xI/AAAAAAAAAC4/RZB-eRz_Vd8/S760/god_quotes_graphics_01.gif

And one just for me ;)

DS3

More of a thought then a quote, but I so needed the laugh it gave me.... So it is....

Question: Do you ever wonder if the people who drive VW bugs; drive around just to see people punch each other? Hmmm....

Which then brings to mind that part in Lilo And Stitch of him hitting someone with an older blue VW and saying "Blue Punch Buggie!... No Punch Back!"

Man, some days I am just that:smile: desperate for a laugh. :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
More of a thought then a quote, but I so needed the laugh it gave me.... So it is....

Question: Do you ever wonder if the people who drive VW bugs; drive around just to see people punch each other? Hmmm....

Which then brings to mind that part in Lilo And Stitch of him hitting someone with an older blue VW and saying "Blue Punch Buggie!... No Punch Back!"

Man, some days I am just that:smile: desperate for a laugh. :)

It's really, REALLY funny when you try to 'splain the difference between the VW Bug and the "new" Beetle...

muttmeister

The three I try to live by:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (from The Bible)

You can't control what other people do, say, or think; you can only control your reaction to them. (Me)

Get over it! (From my favorite Eagles song - the rest of the lyrics aren't bad either)