Radio Silence.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I am relishing in the pleasure of sleeping a solid nights sleep. I am enjoying the silence of the morning, even the dogs are still asleep as is husband.
I am enjoying the silence, there is no chaos, well if there is it is not on my radar.

I am mentally packing for the cottage and soon better get at it in real time. We have decided to go tech free for a few days as well.

Son is silent no communication once he got what he needed from us. When he was last out and couch surfing I hovered and checked for texts and sent him a few every day. Not his time. Using my CBT tool kit and changing the dynamic.
I am not saying it's easy but I am doing in.

When I get all in a tither about the what ifs and how is he going to Cope, get, do.... I stop breath and remind myself not my circus not my monkey.

Stay well friends and thank you for my sanity, all be it that it may only be temporary.

ColleenB

Glad to hear you are able to just sit in the feelings... such a big step. Being able to not constantly text or worry is a move forward in this crazy journey we are on with our addicted kids.

I am away right now visiting my sister and her family and have no way of communicating with my son as I don't have cell service here in the US... we live in Canada. It's actually freeing to know I can't check up on him. He is on his own again but usually needs something (food or a drive) from me almost daily.

I find I am actually getting better at detaching at this point. My husband is having a harder time right at the moment but more around depression. He is finally letting his guard down I think... he has been the strong one for years and I think he has born the brunt of it for me in some ways. I worry for him.

I'm so glad you are doing better. Take care xoxo