Raise your hand...

F

flutterbee

..if you can call the weather based on your body. :salute:

I'm still learning this. I couldn't figure out why I was hurting so much more in areas that don't normally hurt as much.

We have a winter storm warning. It's all making sense now. :future:

Now, if only the meteorologists could call it right. First, it was 6-9 inches, then 4-9, now 6-9...all in a span of about 11 hours. We'll probably get an inch and a half. :rofl: I quit getting excited about lots of snow in the forecast. It always ended up being a big letdown because it would end up missing us by 150 miles or something. And of course, you've spent 2 hours in the store to buy 2 items because everyone else in town was stocking up.:rolleyes:

So, does the barometric pressure drop or rise during these events? The last big one I noticed was when the remnants of Ike came through, but I didn't make the connection until the weather conditions were returning to normal and I started feeling better. I'm trying to figure out if I only react to one type of change in pressure. Then maybe I can get a side job assisting the weather man on tv. :bigsmile:

If all of us could get it down pat, we could replace all that expensive equipment and still be way more accurate. :D

susiestar

Roll With It
I would raise my hand, but our weather is terribly cold and damp and it hurts too much to raise it. Can I stick out my tongue instead?

I get headaches when the barometric pressure changes as storms come in or go out. One parent gets them when the pressure goes up, the other when pressure goes down, my bro doesn't get headaches at all, and I get them when the pressure goes up ANd when it goes down!

I ache when it is getting damp, esp in the hip where they took bone for the first neck surgery.

And generally, the cruddier the weather the cruddier I feel. ANd I feel cruddy when it is really hot.

4sumrzn

Yep....raising my hand too! I have arthritis in my feet....for sure feel a difference before & during weather changes. As far as the weather forcast....I took their word for it & planned on calling in to work today. I think we are sitting on 3-4 inches right now.....suppose to get up to 6+ more. Well see on that one!!!! Of course...I opened my mouth about it...not very smart :( it will turn into some sort of blizzard.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather........you're up north of us......we're getting slammed big time. Snow plows gave up. Not even doing the main roads, just the highways. Yet Nichole's boyfriend said getting home from work this morning was deadly....he didn't see a snow plow even on the highway and there is a layer of ice out there somewhere.

And so what does Nichole decide to do this morning? Drive over to boyfriend's house because he ticked her off. sheesh She just called to tell me she got there. Only took her 45 mins for a normal 5 min drive. She said plows made it worse by scraping down to the layer of ice. So now the roads are ice....with 3 in of snow under that ice, and the snow falling on top. All she did was slide there.

easy child was in labor last night. At home this morning contractions seem to have stopped. But her OB agrees she was in early labor yesterday. I told her Brandon is waiting for the high point of the snow storm to make his grand entry. She's under orders from OB and ME not to wait long at all if contractions start up again. She's got 20 miles to drive in a blizzard to get to the hospital. At least husband and or sister in law can both get her there. Great drivers and experienced in such weather. We just wait to make sure she has plenty of time to get there. Know what I mean??

We've got over 6 inches and it's still snowing hard. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see a foot by tomorrow. I'm having a hard time believing we're going to get sleet when our temps aren't expected above 28......so we'll see.

I knew we were gonna get something because my sinuses were in an uproar and Nichole's leg was throbbing. Why her leg throbs for stuff like this, who knows? She's never even injured it. lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
I see your painful and crippled wrists and raise you two bad knees and one snappy ankle. :faint:

www.NOAA.com - it's a great source for weather information.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yes, my hand is going up as well!

The outer side of my left thigh has been aching all day, started late last night - it's due to the intense cold snap and impending snowstorm we're going to get tonight. I asked H last night, "It sure is cold, are we going to get snow too?" because I try to remain as ignorant as possible to weather reports - sick of them!

Also, my left knee gets stiff and swollen as well - arthritis acts up when we're going to get some wet weather, rain or snow. In the summertime, it is very uncomfortable during the really humid weather.

And if there is a lot of barometric pressure, like Susie, I get head aches.

Wow, this really stinks! Thanks for bringing it up Heather...;)

KTMom91

I can raise my hand...but my knees are killing me! I can also predict pollen and mold counts based on how I feel. High pollen = itchy eyes and nose, high mold = clogged nose and difficulty breathing.

Miss KT is amazed by my talent for prediction.

F

flutterbee

Glad to know I'm in good company.

Lisa and Heather, why is it that I'm north of you and you always seem to get more snow? And why is it that you are getting hit so hard (we've gotten about an inch so far and it's doing nothing right now) and I can hardly move?

Something ain't right. :2dissapointed:

N

Nomad

I get headachy when there is an abrupt change in the weather pattern...particularly when it turns cold or there is a storm front moving in.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We've got a break for a moment. Then this storm is supposed to get worse.

Heather, the storm moisture is moving up from the south....which is my guess as to why we're seeing more than you are at the moment.

My sinuses are killing me. I'm not looking forward to this second wave. bleh

F

flutterbee

It's started to snow again. But, it's going to have to pick up if we're going to get the 7-11 inches called for.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ah.....Nomad confirmed what I've been telling my doctors for years. I get headachey too for weather change.

When it's overcast, cloudy and gray I have never had a headache - but give me a blistering sunshiney happy happy day and my head is in pain.

rejectedmom

You can count me in. Joints ach terribly but cy cancer scar is the best predictor. It really pains me when high pressure frounts come in. husband says I even hold it in my sleep.