Rantidine for GERD...Can it make you tired?

BusynMember

I take 150 mgs. twice a day. Watching my diet and taking the medications has really helped, but I do feel kind of sleepy a lot (which isn't like me).

If you took it, did you like it?

Thanks!

T

TeDo

I've been taking it at that same dosage for 30 years and it's the only thing that works well for me. I have never had or even heard of it making people tired. All it does is decrease the amount of acid in your stomach. Did they give you an informations sheet? Does it say drowsiness or tiredness as a side-effect? Could it be the change in your diet? I know a decrease in the amount of caffeine would do it for me. That would make a huge difference.

Hope it works for you.

BusynMember

Thanks for answering.

It does have a list of side effects, but I want to get the GERD under control. There were so many side effects listed that I thought I'd just ask regular people if they had any :) Also, I quit caffeine and that was HORRIBLE...lol.

donna723

I take it all the time and it's never made me tired. I tried several different types and that is the only one that really works for me. I get the generic Walmart brand and pay about $4 for a big bottle of them.

InsaneCdn

The lack of caffeine will do that, though... I can cut mine way back, but if I drop it 100%? trouble. Like... you'd almost think I had narcoplexy.
Hmmm... wonder if the doctor can tell you what other legal, OTC stimulant is appropriate?
Or maybe you're a latent ADHD person and were self-medicating with caffeine and actually need stims? (just joking!)

BusynMember

IC, Ritalin made me an Insane American :p

Actually today I'm not tired at all. I am thinking maybe it was part of the heinous caffeine withdrawal. I get huge headaches and other symptoms when I withdraw from caffeine. And, if I recall, I get tired too, but today I feel fine.