Rash on face - sugar free jello?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - so this new lifestyle thing is not making a happy woman out of me yet. :tongue: The Indian rug burns from riding the bike have finally scabbed over - and my thighs are tougher than a well-diggers butt. :surprise:

But now - I have a rash on my face that itches so badly and I have NO idea what it is. It's not acne, it's not poison ivy. I have been told that I have mild Rosacea -so I've been using sulfamethacide liquid for about 8 weeks with some success. OMG it was so nice to look in the mirror and finally have normal skin. But this morning I woke up and it looked like I had chicken pox to the nth degree.

I tried putting some hydrocortisone on it because it itched so badly - which is a huge no no if you have Rosacea and it did not help. I washed it with cold water - no help. I am allergic to benalyn, benadryl - and anything that I put on it will make it worse - so I must just itch. But here's the rub - literally -

I've been on sugar free - everything and cutting carbs - okay fine. But the last time I had home-made sugarfree jello with sugar free cool whip the same thing happened.

Anyone else ever have a reaction to sugar free jello?? :angry-very:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My first reaction to your thread title was to tell you to stop rubbing the jello on your face, silly! :p

Are you sure it's the Jello and not the Cool Whip causing the rash?

donna723

Could it have anything to do with the dyes in the Jello? There's gotta be a lot of artificial coloring in there, or maybe the artificial flavorings or sweetner in it? You could be allergic ...

tiredmommy

I have a hard time with artificial sweeteners, they aggravate my IBS as does too much fruit. Probably the best thing you can do is drink some extra water for 3 to 5 days to flush to jello out. And, by the way, AVON sells a great anti-chafing cream.

Star*

call 911........call 911
We have considered that it was the cool whip - :(

And the dyes in the jello - (good thought)

The only thing I guess I can do is to try eating the jello without the cool whip again and see if I break out again. I think it's the only thing I eat that has the artificial sweetner in it aspartamine. The rest is splenda.

I drink boodles of water but will take that advice and flush flush flush.....

I have 1/2 a notion to do the jello test tonight because I go back in the morning to the doctor - but having to go to work like that is just about more than my vain self can handle.....and WHERE IS THE WEIGHT LOSS?? HUH?? DF - UP TO 12 lbs.....;) well good for you - even DUde - said - WOW is Dad sick - he looks like hes lost weight but not even an honorable mention for dear old Mom. :faint: