Rash update

Lothlorien

Well, I looked into what was in Calamine lotion. 8% zinc oxide and 8% Calamine. Diaper rash ointment has 40% Zinc oxide, so I tried that. It appears to be helping, for now. Then again, so did all the other oinmnents, but this seems to be drying it up as well as moisturizing it, so I have hope that this is going to work.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

skeeter

Lothlorien, I missed the original thread, but if you are looking for Zinc oxide, check some of the sun block products - there are some that are almost pure zinc oxide.

When NF used to have such problems with eczema, we would "mix" hydrocortisone and Benadryl ointments and he would use that. If that was too drying, we'd also mix in some A&D ointment (if you can tolerate petrolatum).

Lothlorien

I've been using a 40% zinc oxide diaper rash ointment. It seems to be working so far. I've tried all kinds of corstisone treatments, some even prescribed by a dermadoc. They all work for a few days, but then it returns with a vengence.

Right now the area looks like snake skin with white zinc oxide on it. At least it's not red hot and super itchy.