RE: Can Someone Please Help Me

sweepymom

I just wanted to thank you all for the advice. I was talking to my family therapist at the psychiatrist office when 6 was going for individual therapy and some lady gave me this website because she said you all helped her and maybe you could be some help to me. 8,6 and myself are medicated and it still seems harder than ever to stay the happy family that we want. I will definately get that book that everyone has suggested.

I'm glad you've found this site. There really are lots of good, caring, supportive people here. At first I didn't think an on-line support group could help me. I was so wrong!!! This site has had such a positive impact in my life in the short time I've been here. It's hard to believe I've only been a member since January! I feel like I've been here forever...

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. WFEN

mattsmom27

Welcome to the site! You sure did land at the perfect spot online for support in your situation. I've been a member for about 8 years and couldn't imagine having gone through the past years without this place and all these great people to turn to. I don't have advice regarding discipline as my difficult child was never one to respond to discipline, changes with him only happened when he decided to help it happen. Thankfully many here have found ways to work through discipline issues and will come along with concrete ideas for you. Also, by reading others threads/posts you may come across some brilliant ideas that might feel right for your family.
Welcome!!

Sara PA

Unfortunately being medicated isn't always the solution that we have been led to believe it will be. Not only might the medications not work, they far too often make things worse.