Re: Sent son to residential treatment center

johnmerdock7

A couple of month ago my son went into the emergency room via ambulance because of an overdose of amphetamines, xanax, marijuana, and hydrocodone. He also admitted to using cocaine, which we found in his room. Then I sent him to drug rehab.

T

toughlovin

John Welcome... many of us are in similar situations. Tell us more about yourself and if you start a new thread I am sure many others will join in in welcoming you.

TL

Nancy

Hi John and welcome. I have asked to have your post put on its own thread because it will get lost here. Also please edit your screen name to take your last name out for privacy reasons. It is not a good idea to have identifying information on the board.

Please tell us how things are going with your son now.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Welcome to the CD community, John. I think that you made the right decision to send your son to a drug rehab program. He obviously needs help and won't get better on his own.

Tell us more about your story. It would help if you made a signature like the one you see at the bottom of my post. You can do that by going to "Settings" at the top right hand side of the page. Then click on "Edit Signature" under "My Profile" at the left side of the page. Be sure to click save after you are finished.

~Kathy

rejectedmom

Hello John and welcome to the board. I am sorry for the pain you must be feeling as a parent. I am glad you were able to get your son help and truly hope he works Hard and takes the help to turn himself around. This is a hard journey you are on and we are here to help you by sharing our experiences and supporting you along your way.

buddy

Hi John, glad you found this amazing group of parents. I hope you find them as comforting and supportive as I. Welcome!

NurseMia

Hi John,
Same kinda thing happened with my son,only he ingested pills while at school. He was charged and took him to ER as well. Very scary. It's great that you sent him to treatment!