Real life party voting

mstang67chic

Going Green
Alrighty then....that idea seemed to have gotten a positive response! lol To address some of the comments and questions:

Unless there is someone else you would rather head this up, I volunteer to organize this shindig. Or we could do it using committees.

We need to decide on when and where so......... for your responses, please put four things.

1-whether or not you are ok with me doing this and/or who else you would like to see involved

2 - Where you would like to hold this

3 - When you would like to do this...what month in 2009 as it's too late in the year for most of us to plan, pay, etc.

4 - How long do you want this to be for

Once it seems that we've gotten an input from most everyone interested, I'll post the top 3-5 (depending on the number of suggestions) destinations and months and we can vote from there. (Maybe a week-ish give or take)

Also, feel free to add any other suggestions or questions/comments.

DammitJanet

Sounds fun!

1. I dont give a hoot who plans it as long as its not me!

2. I would like it to be somewhere I can drive to from NC, so I guess that means anyplace east of the Mississippi but I could be convinced to drive a bit farther...lol.

3. Anytime except for around the Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays...or January...Im always broke then.

4. Im open on time.

susiestar

Roll With It
Awesome idea!!!

1. It is wonderful of you to offer to organize this. I will help if needed, maybe with food to bring, or menus or something.

2. I am fairly open on where. As I live in OK, somewhere in the Midwest would be nice. Even Ohio as we seem to have lots of people there. But where ever you can get a deal works for me.

3. 2009 is pretty open, except for the holidays. May also might be hard with graduations (My difficult child will graduate then !!!! I am SOOO amazed to think of it.)

4. A long weekend or a week. No longer as it is hard to get the kids taken care of. I assume no kids, but if someone needs to bring them itis not a big deal. My Jess loves to babysit, FYI. Would rather go without her, but it can be worked out.

Susie

Coookie

Oh how fun. :) I would think somewhere in the center would be good. :) I remember when quite a few of us met at Fran's. I still have the pictures and many great memories... Esther came from Israel... it was wonderful.

I would try to help if I could.

Hugs

klmno

These are my votes- only because it would mean I could make it, not because I want to over-ride the majority.

1: I'm fine with you taking this upon yourself- thank you! If you need help with something, please let me know- I'd be glad to help even if I can't make it there.

2: My vote would be the beaches between Wilmington, NC and North Myrtle Beach, SC. (difficult child and our dogs would have a separate place to stay that I could get to relatively quickly if I need to bail anybody out! LOL!) I could provide a link or some other info on this area if anyone is interested.

3&4: Long weekend when all kids are out of school or a few days in either July or August. I'd be happy to pay for a full week's share even if I couldn't stay the whole week just to meet everyone and relax a little.

Steely

Just count me in whenever and wherever - I will make it work.

And yes, I would like you to organize it. :redface:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

trinityroyal

1-Thanks for volunteering to organize this. I am happy to help in whatever way I can

2 - Somewhere central and semi-convenient for everyone. I'm prepared to travel.

3 - Some time in the off-season, between late April and October. When the weather is still fabulous and you can get good prices on accommodations. I guess the "off-season" differs depending on where you are

4 - For big gatherings, 4 days for planned events, plus travel time before and after, and casual get-togethers for early arrivals and late departures, seems to work well

This is gonna be fun!

KTMom91

1. I have no problem with someone else doing the planning.
2. Since I'm one of the few in California, I'll have to travel anyway, so just let me know.
3. Miss KT graduates in early June 2009, so other than that I'm pretty flexible.
4. I agree with Trinity that 4 days, give or take, sounds pretty good.

I'm already looking forward to this!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
1. You seem very capable to handle this if you need help I like many others will do what I can just ask.
2. The where is anywhere as long as it isn't at my house.
3. When 2009 is pretty open from what I can tell just wouldn't want to be gone at the beginning of November as that is when easy child turns 18. Of course if husband is going to come it probably has to be summerish (if I can get him out)
4. I say 4-7 days is a good time frame. That way it is not just a hi and good bye but actual time to relax and get to know one another in person.

Beth

mstang67chic

Going Green
Um....WOW! lol Thanks for the confidence and the offers to help. You are all written down in my book now! :devil2:

I've written down all the ideas so far as for when, where and length. Keep them coming!

And hopefully this will be far enough in advance that some of you waaaaaaay out of towners (coughMargcough) can make it!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Wherever, the longer the better, I may never leave... can husband's come??? We can put them to work???
I have not been to the East coast much!!!
I will check into, my in-laws have like WEEKS of unused RCI thingies... they keep telling us to use them up!?!?!?
Hey OK how about 30 something of us using them??? I will seriously check into it, if we get a kind of destination... and time frame...??? Say like October'ish, NC....
I can see, what they say??? Can't hurt???

susiestar

Roll With It
Totoro, that would be great! It would mean we could finance the travel more easily.

If it doesn't work out, it is OK.

My parents are here and will help with my kids, so if husband's can come I will ask him. He problem won't, will want me to have a private "girls" getaway (he is sweet like that).

I have to start working on my stamina now. That way things will be better by the get-together.

Hugs,

Susie

DammitJanet

Maybe we could get a post going about...What State are you in? Then do a map thing to see where it would be the most convenient. I know there are quite a few of us in the Mid Atlantic region...MD, VA, NC, SC and GA. Of course we would want to know which ones who tell us their states are interested in getting together.

I know Fran is now in NC so that would be nice if she could show up.

Marguerite

You can't exclude blokes, we have a few who belong to this site in their own right. Besides, any DHs (or DWs, or SOs) who come along, who are WILLING to come along, would benefit from being included. Those who are supportive would feel even more involved. Those who are not might learn something, especially from other partners. There are ways and there are ways...

However, unless we win the lottery meantime, we won't be able to come. We've got two weddings to organise, plus travel with me and my medication needs is getting increasingly tricky. I suspect there are some countries I'll never be able to visit.

But as I said on the other thread, husband & I will still be here online.

Marg

jannie

trying to survive....
I'd be interesting in going. I'm flexible with dates times, etc. I actually thought it would be interesting to rent two houses.....one for the mom's (and of course any husband's who are active on this board) and the other for our husband and our difficult child. They could stay at their own house a few miles away on the beach. We could all meet up during the day and see them interact and then us women could go out for a nice relaxed evening and our husband can handle the rest !!!!!:laughing: At least we'd get to meet and see the kids.

Actually I think we could do without the kids !!!!! But it is hard to get someone to watch the kids

dreamer

whether or not you are ok with me doing this and/or who else you would like to see involved
2 - Where you would like to hold this
3 - When you would like to do this...what month in 2009 as it's too late in the year for most of us to plan, pay, etc.
4 - How long do you want this to be for
Once it seems that we've gotten an input from most

Um, I am wide open--- anything goes----and however it turns out, whenever etc, I will see if I can make it work.

I am in midewst----I amnorthern IL, and I know I amnear quite a few people near me.....
we will see what it works out to be. Sounds like fun, and wo, how generous of you being busy organizing etc!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm in SC - hoping to get to OH soon

I'm thinking somewhere close to major airports?

2009 sometime sounds good...

Transylvania or Ireland would be nice - but maybe Cleveland?

Long weekend maybe?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Is this a bring difficult child's event or not?

1) I am GREAT with you organizing this.

2) I don't want to drive more than 14 hours, and if difficult child's are coming, will have to make other arrangements to get him there. If its just me, 14 hours solo is dandy.

3) I vote for spring or fall.

4) I vote for a long weekend. Friday-Monday kinda thing.