Real or Fakeys...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh get your mind out of the gutters.... especially you HWGA!!! This is to add to your Light stringing post!!!

Are we real tree fans or big fake lovers or both!!!! Are we eco-friendly or do we give a hoot???

I have a silver old school tinsel 4 foot fake tree for the girls... it was mine for when i refused to celebrate the first few years husband and I were together... we put it upstairs in our love in communal room, JK. All of our rooms are upstairs.

And now that the girls care we go to a cut you own tree farm were they practice eco friendly re-growth and all that blah blah :blah: downstairs!!!

How bout ya'll ???

Hey there is not Christmas tree emoticon!!! What the hoo haa!!!
:xmasdancers:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: totoro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh get your mind out of the gutters.... especially you HWGA!!! This is to add to your Light stringing post!!!

Are we real tree fans or big fake lovers or both!!!! </div></div>

Who, me? Whatever could you mean? Real, of course -- I never was a "big fake" lover.

Let's see if I can do this:

<span style="color: #FFFFFF">------</span><span style="color: #FFFF00">*</span>
<span style="color: #FFFFFF">------</span><span style="color: #006600">^</span>
<span style="color: #FFFFFF">-----</span><span style="color: #006600">/-\</span>
<span style="color: #FFFFFF">----</span><span style="color: #006600">/---\</span>
<span style="color: #FFFFFF">---</span><span style="color: #006600">/-----\</span>
<span style="color: #FFFFFF">--</span><span style="color: #006600">/-------\</span>
<span style="color: #FFFFFF">-</span><span style="color: #006600">/________\</span>
<span style="color: #FFFFFF">-----</span><span style="color: #663333">| |</span>

witzend

I don't like trees at all. They make a mess even if they are fake, and they always look too tired by the end of the season. The biggest problem for me is the reaching and bending to decorate. It poops me out for days.

At your house, I like a real tree!

I do really enjoy Christmas candles and cards and creche and all the other decorations, though. I can easily put them out without the bending. The bending really kills me.

busywend

I have a fake, pre-lit tree.

Being a single mom, no way was I going to torture myself trying to get a real tree up and into the house!

I am NOT crazy!
:crazy:

Debdeb1031

I LOVE a real tree!!!!!! It makes the house smell like christmas!!!! This is molly the kitten's first christmas, so i'm hoping she will play nice....when i was a kid, we had a cat (Kitty- we were never good at naming our pets...it's a joke that we were lucky we weren't named girl1 or boy2) and every day we would wake up with the tree laying on its side...

oh...by the way, "ain't nothing like the real thing, baby"

goldenguru

Real tree at our house.

This year with the kids gone, I suggested (in front of kids) that husband and I might break down and buy a Faux-tree (fakey sounds soooo cheap LOL).

Anyway - my kids about had a stroke. I reminded them who decorates and cleans up the Christmas tree EVERY year alone (that would be moi).

And then I priced Faux-trees. *gasp*

Back to mother nature again for us this year.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I like both.

husband and I have 2 fake trees actually. One 6 footer, and a 4 footer with prestrung lights. This comes from apartment living where you never know for sure just how much space you're going to have any given xmas.

Of course now we have our own home, but after spending the money on them I'm not anxious to get rid of them. lol

We've also done live trees. I've had some beauties over the years. But I will NOT do a live tree with a baby/toddler in the house. If that live tree falls.... it's HEAVY, where as a fake one isn't. Then there is the whole pine needle thing. Nichole at Aubrey's age decided pine needles tasted grand and all I did til the tree came down was dig them out of her mouth and vacuum the floor.

So til Aubrey is 2 we will be doing fake.

Cool tree BBK.

:xmasdec: :rudolph: :santa:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
:bag: Oops, my mind was in the gutter!!

We alternate. I broke down and paid the big bucks :shopping: a few years ago for a fake tree because I am the one who does all the freakin clean up, so... :blah: and all that.

The years when the girls are home with us for Christmas, we go to an eco-friendly Christmas tree farm and pick one out and H, in all his manliness, cuts it down. I like having a freshly cut tree as they last longer and I get to trim the bottom to make wreaths.

For the years when the girls spend Christmas with their dad, I put up the fake one, which of course lasts even longer.

We usually end up picking out a fat tree - I like them kind of short and fat, rather than tall and thin, just like I like my...oops. Nevermind. :bag: I did it again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goldenguru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And then I priced Faux-trees. *gasp*</div></div> I only paid $25.00 for our 6 foot Charlie Brown pre-lit Christmas Tree this year but my son absolutely loves it he stood on the foot stool and decorated the whole thing by himself

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I like them kind of short and fat, rather than tall and thin, just like I like my...oops. Nevermind. :bag: I did it again!</div></div> :smile: :surprise: :nonono: :faint: :rofl:

I did a real tree exactly one time in my life.

I broke out in hives while putting the lights on it.

Not only that, but I don't ever have a humidifier big and powerful enough to keep it moist enough in the home.

Never ever again.

My fake faux plastic pretend tree is beautiful. And so is my wreath.

muttmeister

I love a real tree because it smells so good :xmasdancers: but after difficult child#2 was burned in the accident, he was afraid of having a real tree so I bought a pretty good looking fake one and have used it ever since. :xmasdec: It is a lot easier and cleaner. This will be about the 10th or 11th year for it so when you average it out, even though they aren't cheap, they are probably a lot cheaper than the real ones in the long run. ::money::

Star*

call 911........call 911
BBK - THAT was bad to the trunk!

.....I've heard fakies can cost QUITE a bit. I'd love to hang the real thing - but despite all the string and tying up in the world - with age - the bows have started to sag on the real deal.

OH TANNENBAUM OH TANNENBAUM...how la la lah they branches.

meowbunny

I love real trees. However, they don't fit in my car, so I have 3 fake ones -- one 8 footer, one 6 footer, one 4 footer -- and enough ornaments to decorate about 2 more trees.

We'll probably start decorating next week. It should be interesting fitting everything into this house. I may have to leave some things in their boxes. Hope I can do this without breaking down. It is going to feel strange with no mantle. Every candle, ornament, bow and bell are special to me. I LOVE CHRISTMAS.

My daughter wants to decorate outside. I've never done this and have no intention of starting this year -- especially since I have no outdoor decorations. This should be an interesting battle.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh BBK you should start selling your online art!!! You are good!!!
That tree, the cats, the cullos... the artworld of BBK... I am still trying to figure out how to do the winky eye thing... '/.&gt;&lt;&#960;æ÷&#8719; see I am just not as talented as le' artist miz BBK!!!

Gutter minds.... I am having huge nightmares about our short fat (easy JoG) silver Fake tree... that little Indy is going to have a field day.. not to mention the presents and the live tree... YIKES. The present and lights will all be on the top foot of the tree, presents will have to go out the night before. none before hand. He is like a rabid shark!!! Those little puppy teeth!!!!

Ya got any art for that BBK????

G

guest3

got my attention

I love real, but have fake, my Mum has a fake in every room fo the house bathrooms included, she is a nut :gingerbread:

donna723

We always got a live tree when the kids were little and when we lived in the country we'd go to the woods and cut down one of the live lacy-looking cedars that grow around here. But when we had the wood stove for heat, they'd get so dry, it scared me, so I bought a nice 7' artificial tree. That was at least 13 or 14 years ago and I'm still using it! It still looks great and I probably couldn't afford to buy one this nice now! You almost can't find any where to buy a live tree around here any more. I miss the smell of a live tree, but I don't miss cleaning up the mess and I don't want my dogs picking up the stray needles. I also have a very nice 3' artificial tree that I put on a table in my dining room.

I've really gotten in to the decorating since I've lived in my little old "antique" house. There's a big old fashioned fireplace with tall skinny windows on either side that are almost floor-to-ceiling. It looks soooo pretty when it's done - I just wish that somebody would put it all up for me though. And then take it all down again afterwards!