Really good book...

Andrea Danielle

Ok, maybe everyone else has already read the book and knows all about this but I just started reading His Bright Light by Danielle Steele and I am loving it. I haven't read any other books she has written but this one is about her difficult child, who had Bipolar and committed suicide when he was 19. He sounded exactly like my 6 year old when he was younger. It is scaring the heck out of me but it is really beautifully written and touching. I cried reading the first page. It makes me thankful that our guy has been diagnosed so young. Here is the link:
http://www.randomhouse.com/features/steel/bookshelf/display.pperl?isbn=9780385334679

Andrea

Steely

Wow........I don't usually like Danielle Steele, because it is too fluffy. :smile: But I know she is an excellent author, and I will definitely read it if is a true story. Is it a memoir of sorts?

Andrea Danielle

Yes, it is a memoir. It is her recounting her life with her son, and how she knew from an early age (around 1, I think) that there was something terribly wrong with him and no one would listen to her. It starts from the very beginning and it is amazing at how similar some of the stories even as a baby are to my difficult child. Her son wasn't diagnosed until much later though. Right now I am up to age 12, ok gotta go finish reading it... :smile:

Andrea

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I read three quarters of the book and could not finish....just too haunting for me and the parallels with my son......