Really, really bad teachers' mtng

susiestar

Roll With It
Many hugs Terry and family.

This is a big deal. We all want the best for our kids and so often what is best is just not clear. (Sending you MommyStrength Situation Clarity Spray. Just a few spritzes and you will be singing "I can see clearly now!)

I could give all kinds of advice and personal stories, but right now I just hope and pray that everyone can work together to help make this year a good one for the entire family.

Just remember that the key to a teenager is through his stomach. Sending in a snack that fits difficult child's diet plan and tastes great is a good icebreaker.

TerryJ2

Well, there's only one real friend that difficult child wants to be with in public middle school, but it's enough that he still smiles when he thinks of being with him. Sigh.
We saw our therapist today and he was shocked that difficult child had been given the warning from the school. We spent most of the time talking about "roadmap issues," though, because difficult child still blows up when he is told to do something he hasn't planned to do, even if (and sometimes especially if) it's his homework or chores.
There just aren't enoug hrs in the day to talk about all of his issues. Sometimes it seems like there are so many.
Last night difficult child blew up so badly that husband packed difficult child's suitcase and told him to get in the car to go to the psychiatric hospital.
difficult child cried so hard he almost threw up, but he lost his defiant, violent attitude immediately and settled down. (Obviously, no trip to the hospital.) This a.m. he did a worksheet at the kitchen table that last night he insisted he didn't have to do. Hmm.
He was in a very good mood today, and did very well with-the dr, and was very relaxed.
husband and I were wondering if difficult child has to blow up every now and then to let off steam, because he's so nice afterward, Know what I mean??
There's got to be a better way, though. husband and I are exhausted.

I'll check out the Special Education board here, and check out the middle school this wk, too. Regardless whether difficult child leaves now, at Christmas, or in the fall, he's leaving the private school. Clearly, it's not working. I am so disappointed.
The private school he went to from gr 3-5 was stellar. I really miss it, and so does he. If only those teachers did Special Education ... sigh. (For those who don't know, he basically flunked math, and had D's in two other classes, so we simply did not re-enroll him.)

It's better to negotiate your terms of surrender rather than having them dictated to you at the point of a gun.

That's how I explained it to my daughter when I pulled her brother from the last private school he was in. It was just a matter of time -- he certainly would have been asked to leave at some point so I figured I may as well pick the time and not have to scramble for options when someone else picks the time for me. Private schools don't have to deal, so they don't. No point in forcing something that's not working, anyway. Good luck.

TerryJ2

It's better to negotiate your terms of surrender rather than having them dictated to you at the point of a gun.

Absolutely. :)