Really scared for difficult child

BusynMember

Yes...this is true.

I think that most of us are hoping, though, that these noises and voices are being caused by something else....

Hopefully...doctors will find the cause and be able to treat accordingly...SOON!

--DaisyF
I hope so too, but I do think it's best to let the poster know the worst so that she doesn't spend too much time looking for something physical when the best thing in my opinion is to go straight to a good psychiatrist. The idea that somebody can read your thoughts is a whole ballgame away from thinking somebody is calling your name, although that is also a hallucination if it persists and there is no explanation for it. However, it's probably best to get this child on an antipsychotic to stop this now before they progress. The degree of hallucinations CAN progress...and that would not be good...in my opinion this isn't the right area for a talk therapist. A psychiatrist, with the MD, really is needed to assess the situation and prescribe medication, if necessary.

smallworld

Sending many positive thoughts that your difficult child can be seen by a qualified psychiatrist as soon as possible. Hugs to both of you.

F

flutterbee

MWM,

I'm fully aware of the worst. I am not new to this game, nor to this board.

Let it be.

F

flutterbee

The guy I talked to from county mental health called back. He talked to the intake person and she should be calling me tomorrow (don't know why she couldn't call today?) and that difficult child should be able to see the psychiatrist within a few weeks. Hopefully. In the meantime, if things escalate, he said I could call him or if it's after hours just take her to the ER and they will contact someone from county mental health to do an assessment.

Children's hasn't called back. According to my GP, their wait is months long. So, I'll talk to both and see who can get us in the quickest.

allhaileris

Crumbling Family Rock
I quickly scanned the replys and it appears that your daughter is stable right now, no worry for major things, which makes me wonder if it's ghosts. Everybody on this board is so quick to jump on the "there is something wrong with your kid's head" bandwagon, and I'm not. I HAVE heard whispering voices calling my name and have heard my husbands thoughts as a whisper and I'm nowhere near schizo (cant' spell it) or anything of the like. I just see and hear ghosts! My husband can and I'm sure my daughter will. A month or so ago my daughter and I were in the store, she picked up a Cinderella patch. I thought (but did not say or even use body language) that she had nowhere to put it. A few minutes went by and she said sternly "I do TOO have somewhere to put this".

I've lived in haunted houses and have heard them talk. They talk in a whisper. Other people have told me the same. I've heard footsteps and door knocking in the same houses. I don't hear random noises in regular places.

I hope your daughter ends up well and all, but think about this.

Oh, and for the poster who's child saw a shadow guy - I have too. I told him to go away and eventually did. Again, very haunted house and I wasn't the only one who saw them!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad you may be able to get difficult child in to be seen within weeks instead of months. I'm sure that's a relief.

As long as she is stable, just keep track of things you notice and keep an eye on her. I kept a journal on Nichole.

To this day........there is still the possiblity Nichole is schizophrenic.She had many of the same symptoms and more. psychiatrist knows it, I know it. But it's a wait and see game. And as long as Nichole is stable......it's not really an issue. It's not something we dwell on, more like something to be watchful of just in case.

That difficult child finally opened up to you about this is huge. A big step forward for her. A big scary step.

Get a good psychiatric evaluation. I like the idea of Childrens instead of County Mental Health if they can squeeze her in. difficult child is in my prayers.

(((hugs)))

F

flutterbee

Thank you all for the support. Probably it will be county mental health that we get her into because, according to my GP, the wait at Children's is months long. However, a friend of mine's son saw the child psychiatrist at county and she was very happy with him.

Sandy - This house has such peace about it. More than I've ever felt in a home. Everyone comments on it. I think if such a thing were going on, she would feel more secure instead of more afraid.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am praying that she gets in to a good psychiatrist who will help her ASAP. It might be a good idea to go ahead and book with children's even if you get in to county before then. To get an appointment sooner in case you don't like the county psychiatrist. This way you will have more options open, Know what I mean??

Gentle hugs and positive thoughts.

F

flutterbee

I forgot to mention (my brain is probably working at 25% capacity these days) that the physical complaints have kicked up again - nausea, headache. That tells me it's anxiety, but she seems detached from it.

When I say she's eerily calm, I mean for her. It wouldn't look odd to anyone else, but this isn't normal behavior for my child. It's ironic that calmness brings such unease to me. It's just not her.

BusynMember

MWM,

I'm fully aware of the worst. I am not new to this game, nor to this board.

Let it be.
I REALLY apologize. I didn't recognize your name nor check to see your # of posts and thought you were new. I was trying to help, but obviously...not needed. Many good thoughts for you and your precious child.

LittleDudesMom

When I say she's eerily calm, I mean for her. It wouldn't look odd to anyone else, but this isn't normal behavior for my child. It's ironic that calmness brings such unease to me. It's just not her.

I think you summed up living with our difficult children in that paragraph. There are times our kids are so misbehaved we have no desire to "claim ownership". And then there are the times that we brace ourselves for the next chapter.

I hope you get that phone call today and she sees a qualified health professional as soon as possible. I'm sure your worry over difficult child doesn't help your health conerns any.

Sharon

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I do think it's best to let the poster know the worst so that she doesn't spend too much time looking for something physical when the best thing in my opinion is to go straight to a good psychiatrist.

MWM--

I do not question that you have everyone's best interests at heart...

I offered an alternative explanation because sometimes, if there are diagnosis in your medical file that indicate mental issues...the doctors dismiss any new symptoms as "in your head" and are ready and willing to up your medications at a moments notice.

In this case, I agree with you that the paranoia sounds like a psychiatric issue....what caught my attention were the descriptions of the sounds:
jangling, thumping, beating, whispers.

If a person without any history of mental illness walked into their GP's office with that complaint--the first thing the doctor would look for is inner ear trouble. In fact, I have experienced it myself...I had no ear or head pain whatsoever--but there were these noises....it sounded like keys jangling, or windchimes--sometimes it was very rhythmic like footsteps or drumbeats....sometimes it sounded like whispering voices. It was making me crazy!!

My doctor, who did NOT suspect hallucinations, found tiny, minute amounts of debris in my inner ear. She put me on sudafed-like medications and anti-biotics to try and clear it. And after a while, the noises vanished and I have not heard them since.

Had I gone immediately to a psychiatrist--I am sure that I would still be on anti-psychotic medications today.

So I always feel like I want to "rule out" more benign causes first.

And when those benign causes have been explored and ruled out--then let the psychiatrists try to find alternate medicates that help.

And in this case--we want the docs to take a look at all the possibilities ASAP so this child does not suffer with this any more....whatever the cause.

Best wishes to everyone!!

--DaisyF

TerryJ2

But it's a wait and see game

This is so true for so many of our g'sfg.

It is so frustrating that you have to wait so long for an appointment!!!!!!!

I'm sending strength.