Reasons for hope...

enzo

Hi All,

We visited with difficult child this weekend for a family weekend at his "character boarding school", and it was pretty darn good. Although we had our moments, he is cooperating with the program and knows he has to stay away from pot if he wants to spend the summer at home (instead of wilderness). We will have a very structured summer for him, with alot of dbt counseling.

He has slipped up at the school, and has received the requisite "work squad" punishment. But he does seem happy, and has a supportive peer group of kids who are on the same journey. He is participating in his therapy and group sessions.

this website has been a gift to our family. We are hopeful that we'll have more good news in the future, and wish everyone the same.

Kathy813

Staff member
Wow, what great news. I'm so happy for you. We can use all the good news we can get around here.

~Kathy

Nancy

That is great news enzo. We sure did need to hear good news. I hope he continues to do well. Please keep us posted.

Nancy

buddy

It sounds wonderful! If he had no problems there, I guess they would wonder why he was even enrolled so he sounds right on schedule. Hope he can achieve his summer at home....thanks for the update.

exhausted

Enzo, that is great news! I hope that he turns around and you continue to feel good about his progress! Structured envirnments seem to help our kids so much.

Calamity Jane

Enzo, you did the right thing with your son. I sincerely hope he works this program and gets everything he can out of it to stop the use of drugs. Keep us posted - I'm very happy for you.