Recommend for shower cleaning -

Star*

call 911........call 911
Mr. Clean reach extend wand and scrubbie pads.

Found one in the Goodwill - new - thought for $2.00 - I'll give it a whirl -

Oh my stars......No bending, no stooping, no hurting my knees on the tile....

Just sprayed the tub/shower with cleaner, let it set - went back about 5 minutes later (multi-tasking in between) wet the shower, scrubbed it with the little wand thing (because the disposable pad has a scrubber) and rinsed, then sprayed it all down with a dilute mix of Windex and cinnamon oil (for shine and scent) and WOW - easy peasy.

Then with the same pad? Instead of vacuuming up the hair on the floor? I just hit the floor with the same thing and it got all the hair, and made mopping easy. I used to do hands and knees - but again - the knee/back thing.

I mean - if you have limited time, bad back, bad knees - and want a super shine, easy clean? I even sprayed the shower liner held it against the tub and did it too. Usually I take it down and wash in the washing machine - but not into that today -

This thing is great and it comes out of the wand for any other easy hand cleaning.

Highly recommend it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. Best investment I ever made.

Scrubbing the tub/shower used to KILL me. Hated it. I bought mine when we moved into this house. Love it!

Ours is a pain to clean because it has shower doors instead of a shower curtain. FYI I HATE SHOWER DOORS! Shower curtain is so easy, toss it in the wash and you're done. geez lol

TerryJ2

Cool!
Where do I find cinnamon oil? I'm thinking the expensive stuff you get at health food stores, but maybe you mean the stuff you get at arts and craft stores?

M

ML

That sounds great. I'm getting older and cleaning is getting harder on me. I also want to know where you get the cinnamon oil.

Jody

Thank you, I am going to make this cinnamon oil and then my difficult child and I can make those fun cinnamon sticks. It has a link for that too. Great idea and bet it smells pretty good.

I am going to have to get the Mr. Clean thing, that sounds like something I would be interested in, and thanks for the cinnamon oil tip! Here is a good cleaning tip: Put vinegar in a bowl and microwave it for a minute or 2, let it sit in the microwave for 15 minutes, wipe off inside of microwave, everything comes right off! Any more tips???

H

HaoZi

For garbage disposals, freeze diluted lemon juice in ice cube trays, then let the disposal crunch them to clean and deodorize.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Omg I love the microwave tip! Thanks!

Heaven forbid husband or Travis cover anything they put into the microwave.

Star*

call 911........call 911
My standard cleaning tip -

Since Spring is coming - and windows are going to be cleaned -

When doing inside? wipe TOP TO BOTTOM =ONLY
When doing outside? wipe LEFT TO RIGHT - only

This way if you are standing inside and see a streak that is left to right - you will know its on the outside and vise-versa.

Once a month? Pour vinegar and baking soda down all your drains and let it bubble and sit. Then pour near boling water (WATCH PORCELAIN) sinks down as you run the tap water on full blast to rid the gunky residue of soap and buildup. We use the box from the fridge and freezer - (recycling)

Walmart sells sink screens for tubs, all sinks - 3 in a pack for about 3 dollars - THESE ARE INVALUABLE - and save you HUNDREDS on plumbers bills each year - GET THEM. Clean them out as needed. The flat white kind works best in the shower for catching hair......they are awesome.

If you have hard water stains in your toilet? You can get a pumice stone from any commercial cleaning warehouse.

Tired of trying to find a good cheap air freshener - Put a dryer sheet on all your air returns -

You can use USED dryer sheets to wipe dust off TV screens too -

We throw our kitchen sponge in the dishwasher - about every other load.

We also use DG dishwasher Detergent - it's the same as Cascade....just boxed by DG. lol. and WAY cheaper.

Vinegar in the RINSE cycle compartment of your dishwasher is cheaper than and works as good as the expensive stuff and leaves glasses sparkling.

H

HaoZi

Old dryer sheets are great for dusting a lot of things, but I do NOT recommend them for LCD or plasma screens. A cheap eyeglass cleaning kit (spray the cloth, not the screen) works well.

And baby wipes will clean a LOT of things. Take lipstick off clothes. Remove spots from dry clean only clothes. Clean walls and counters. Remove make-up (watch for added ingredients if you do this). Make sink/shower fixtures sparkle. And a lot cheaper than buying the wipes marketed for those things.