Record Freezing Spell and Date for the 5 day EEG

susiestar

Roll With It
Got a letter today saying that J is to check in on Monday, Oct 31 for her 5 day eeg. Now I have to call and tell my parents about it. haven't spoken to mom since my birthday in early Sept and then she only spoke for 2 min. because i called to thank her for my gift. She isn't returning calls.

Jess froze up again today. Was able to keep her hands working by just not stopping using them and by focusing hard to keep them moving (drawing in a notebook of mine). She froze up at 6:22 and finally was able to move her legs enough to walk to the bathroom and her bed at 12:18. Six HOURS. I just sat with her, kept her drawing. We have tried to keep her up and walking to see if it would keep her legs moving, but she falls and even with husband it is very hard to get her up again. So for now we are just working on keeping her hands/arms moving as much as we can. At least she didn't have to go to the bathroom in that time. Esp as husband wasn't home.

I really hope we get answers this time. The doctor put her on neurontin (gabapentin) and so far all it does is make her sleepy and kinda grumpy.

I will update when we know more about things.

InsaneCdn

Oh, Susie. Hopefully you can unwind enough to get a wee bit of rest yourself before the sun comes up.

Oct 31 is just around the corner - but in some ways, its a million miles in the future!

{{hugs}}

Steely

Glad she finally got another appointment. Five days seems like a really thorough analysis....has she ever had one that long? Keeping you and Jess in my thoughts.

buddy

poor girl. I sure hope they get a good map of what is going on. It is a long boring kind of evaluation but so worth it when you get answers! hope she doesn't have too many spells before then, but of course we want her to have them while she is there!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I know this has got to be the most frustrating journey in the world for all of you.

I'm praying hard that this doctor is the one who will find the answers, which will lead to successful treatment, if not a cure for her issues. If he can find a cause or causes.....odds are he can figure out a way to treat, even if they still don't know what it is.

((((hugs))))