Reflections

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
We are home from the funeral. I have to say I was more reflective at this time than at pervious ones.

So many people couldn't make it because of the weather. But that would have been ok with C. She was one of the sweetest people I have known. From the moment I came into the family she never once treated me with anything but love and kindness. She asked for nothing. I had only ever heard stories about her past. Not a bad past, a sweet souls past. She seemed almost to have an innocence about her.

At her funeral service the song the Rose was played. She had chosen it back when she made all of her funeral arrangements. When you sit and listen to what that song says it is so poignant. Then at the end she sings about the seeds under the snow. And how they become the rose in the spring. I don't think I will ever hear that song again the same. I know this spring when I see roses for the first time I most certainly will think of C.

Here is a link to the song

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pek0EUtfik"]YouTube - The rose[/ame]

beth

klmno

I'm glad she left you with such good thoughts. I have always loved that song, too. I hope you and husband can remember her for what she added to your lives instead of feeling the pain for the loss, even though that is there, too, I'm sure.

F

flutterbee

Beth, that is beautiful. I have always loved the song The Rose; it gives me goosebumps everytime.

C sounds like she was a beautiful person. I'm so sorry for your loss.

(((hugs)))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Perhaps you can plant a rosebush somewhere in your garden in her memory. That song says so much about living life to its fullest and fearlessly loving the people in your life with all of your heart.

I'm glad she left you with such good memories. I'm so sorry for your loss.