Reflexology Massage

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I decided to treat SO to some Cold Stone last night and next door was an Asian Reflexology office. We were looking at this hugh poster of a foot, and all of the body is connected when this little man came out and said come in, come in - we do massage for 20 dollah, your feet, you feel good, no more stress.

So, I decided, what the hecj, I never had one and its not like we were doing anything, the basketball game was on TV in the room so SO was happy.

So I rolled up my jeans above my knees, got to drink some herb tea while my feet were in these wooden buckets full of some kind of herb water. It was very pleasant, sitting in a hugh upholstered lazyboy chair, sipping tea, and SO and I were laughing, wondering what was going to happen next because absolutely NO one spoke English, cept for the Come In, Come in part. We were handed a brochure outlining all of the different massages. We saw this hugh guy comming our way, he flips back my chair, and proceeds to give me a head and neck massage. 15 minutes later he covers my eyes with a cold eyepack, and starts on my arms and hands - who knew a massage on the palms of your hands would hurt - 15 minutes later my feet are out of the water, and he starts with the feet and calves.

Omg, can you say painful. SO thought it was very funny, watching me grimace thru my frozen eyelids. Said he never noticed my calves were so muscular, most people can put a thumb on their calves and it would indent - not mine. 20 minutes after trying to get my feet/calves loose, I was put in a room, face down, and got a back massage, complete with elbows up and down my back, intersperced with a lot of pummeling and leaning on my back from a 6 foot 250 pound guy,

When it was all over, the guy that said "come in -you feel good - no stress" said "you one big knot - you come back - one week"

And even though this morning I feel like someone who was just run over by a truck, I will give it another go in a week. SO wanted to try the feet/calve thing only but with the Osteo problem and no one speaking English, decided not to. We would have had to call an ambulance once he was in the back room with elbow guy.

But it was an interesting adventure on a Friday nite when all I wanted was some Cold Stone Ice Cream

Marcie

Marguerite

I had a friend who used to give me a reflexology massage every week. She was brilliant. I kept it up for a few years and I do think it really helped my health. She was an old lady and eventually died of cancer. She was also a very good friend.

However, I must emphasise - reflexology is done on the principle of working on the feet but "if it hurts, rub it". I used to be careful about letting the pain show on my face because she would watch for signs of pain then go in deeper to those spots on my foot which had triggered a grimace.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I second the LOTS OF WATER, Marcie! Just keep drinking and drinking. When they do a massage and reflexology it releases all sorts of toxins, etc., which need to be flushed out. Or so they say. I love reflexology and massages. Sounds delightful to me! Enjoy!

susiestar

Roll With It
The massage releases lactic acid that has built up in the muscles causing tension and pain. I LOVE massages, but not the heavy hurting kind.

As for reflexology, it can be VERY helpful. I have done a little with it and husband's stepmom is trained in it. It was extremely helpful while I was preggo. It is amazing how a good foot rub can help other places in your body feel better.