Refugees

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Oh Leafy, I am so very sorry. The pain of it all is so deep and profound, so devastating......your post brought tears to my eyes, of empathy, remembering that feeling in my heart, in my gut...the powerlessness of it all. The theft, the grandkids....geez, sometimes it is so hard to pull up any strength from the root of us to help us go on.

You are a wise and kind soul being pushed to your limit....I know you already know all of the things to do, you've been at this a long time. I just wanted you to know I am reading along and sending you much love.....many hugs.....a whole bunch of compassion and prayers for your strength and acceptance. Hang in there Leafy, you know it'll shift inside you and you will find your way through.......

pigless in VA

Throwing you a life preserver for the ride in the swirly whirly. Keep hugging those grandchildren and making good memories with them.

Albatross

Leafy, I don't know what to say about things like the avocado money and the rest of it; it's all just so heartbreaking. I don't have any advice but wanted to let you know that you and the grands have been on my mind. They are so lucky to have you as a touchstone in their chaotic lives. My hugs are in there with the others.

New Leaf

You guys are so wonderful and comforting. I am sorry I don't respond quickly or post as much, with three extra kids life is super busy. Just wanted to check in and let you know how much your kind and encouraging thoughts have helped me through.
One day at a time.
I have not seen or heard from Tornado since the avocado fund incident. ''Tis typical.
Sigh.
One more week of summer, then I go back to work. The grands are actually anxious to go back to their "home". I will have to get a hold of their grandparents and figure that one out. No communication from either parent. Huh.
That's the hardest part, to send them back to the unknown.
Will need an extra dose of toughness.
Sigh.
Gulp.
I tell them that they can call me, or confide in a trusted adult if things get rough, reinforce to call 911, if all else fails.
Ouch.
Praying for respite for them.
This is hard.
Leaf

Kalahou

Mau loa ikaika, dear Leaf.
I have thought of you and your kokua so often this summer and how brave you are. You are an inspiration.
Aloha and Bless.