Relief

Stella Johnson

Thought I would pass this along since I know some of the other members have pain issues like me.

About a month after my hand surgery I got a manicure at a new place. They use paraffin wax. As soon as they put it on my hands, the nerves in my left hand immediately calmed down. It was the most relief I had since before the accident.

I told my Occupational Therapist (OT) about it at my next appointment. She said they already knew about it and they do have a wax heater but they don't use it much because insurance doesn't pay for it.:mad: Insurance will pay for the hot packs they put on your hand before we start the exercises. I was a little miffed that they knew how much pain I was in but didn't suggest it and only told me after I told them. I do like my Occupational Therapist (OT). She is a great lady. Just aggravated me she didn't tell me about the paraffin wax treatments.

Anyway, I ordered one on Amazon and in came in the mail today.:D I've used it three times today. If I could wear wax all day long I would. I think I may even order one for work and SO's house.:alien:

If any of you guys have foot or hand/wrist pain that never goes away try a paraffin wax spa. It's my new best friend.:couple::couple:
I think I will even name her. What should her name be? Any suggestions?

steph

Andy

I am so glad you found this. Yes, the docs office should have given you the option of using it or not. If insurance doesn't pay, it is up to you to deny or use it with the agreement that you will pay for it yourself.

A name contest! I love name contests - people can be so creative. Here is my measly contribution:

Perry

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh wow, I didn't even think of that! And I've no doubt it would be a huge relief of the pain. It's awesome for people with arthritis ect too. :D

Darn, I'd get one for mother in law except I'm afraid she might burn herself. :(

crazymama30

I have seen those used for stroke pts, but I thought it was to relax the contractures. I never thought about using it for pain. OOps.

How about Lovey? I bet you just love lovey.

I had a pt that named her portable swamp cooler thing sweetie.:D

lovemysons

Hey Steph, that's awesome that you're finding some pain relief with your new best friend, smile. I was thinking "Parafina"?

Hang in there,
hugs,
Tammy

Stella Johnson

Adriane,
I agree. I wish they had. I'm just glad I found it now.

Tiredmommy,
Not sure about that. They do have commerical size ones on Amazon.:D

Daisylover,
It has temperatur controls and even at it's highest setting you couldn't burn yourself. Your skin might get a little red but nothing bad.
Might be a good Christmas present

crazymama,
You are too funny, Lovey.:bravo::bravo:

LMS,
That is a good one too.:bravo:

I went to the pain doctor today. I'm doing three more stellate ganglion blocks. One a week for the next 3 weeks. I hope they last this time. She said they usually do them in sets of 3 like that and the pain relief hopefully will last longer and longer with each one.
Keep your fingers crossed.

steph