Remedies for relief of emotional exhaustion?

Mom2oddson

It has been a rough month! A lot has happened that has left me emotionally exhausted and mildly depressed.

1) husband left for six months and I miss him like crazy. We talk on the phone 6 times a day, but it's not the same as having my rock with me.

2) difficult child is coming home in July. difficult child/father in law has decided that he doesn't want difficult child anymore. difficult child/mother in law still wants difficult child but not enough to leave father in law and his money (Pre-nup) So, difficult child who has had his way for a year will be returning to us.

3) easy child(daughter) most likely has Bipolar. If you read my other posts you know about the mania that we are currently dealing with.

I do work out everynight. It helps reduce the stress and feel really good for a couple of hours. But, by morning I'm so exhausted (even after 7-8 hours of sleep) that I can't function. With my work schedule I can't work out before work. Any ideas on what I can do in the morning to help me out of my funk??

tiredmommy

First off, {{{hugs}}}. You have a lot on your plate. I also want to add that you should get screened for sleep problems. You can put in the necessary amount of sleep time and still not be getting good quality sleep. Also, no caffeine after 5pm. I find that stealing a few minutes (like five) to get a hold of my day helps me be mentally prepared and have some sense of control. Also, my husband travels often for work (but not away for six months!). I try to coach myself to be looking forward to our conversations throughout the day rather than looking at them as a replacement for time spent together. I hope that makes sense. :crazy:

DammitJanet

You do have a lot on your plate. I dont have a whole lot of advice or the stress level in my house wouldnt be so bad.

One the hubby issue...while mine isnt gone for 6 months at a time, he does travel quite a bit and has to stay out of town on jobs for like 6 months but comes home at least every other weekend.

We can make quick calls to each other during the day but we make a plan to talk to each other every night at a certain time. We also have certain tv shows that we "watch together" even when he is working out of town. For us it was American Idol and now, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. We sit for an hour on the phone and watch the show together and laugh or whatever and talk about our day while watching tv...each of us apart but connected by something mutual. On nights those shows arent on sometimes we dont talk as long but we still spend time just the two of us at the end of the evening talking before he goes to bed.

TerryJ2

{{cyberhugs}}

Gosh, I'm the wrong one to ask. I'm in the same boat.
Nomad has some good ideas.
I especially like the idea of flowers. When I'm stressed, I walk by them and smell them every 15 sec. :smile:

Mom2oddson

I do see a pyschologist, I met her when she was working with difficult child. She says he's too far beyond her abilities. But, the good this is I never have to explain difficult child. She knows him! PCw/BiPolar (BP) is also seeing her.

It is so nice to have someone tell you that you are a good parent. That you are stable. That you don't deserve all the trouble you have. And she pushes "me care" a lot. The gym is my favorite thing. Enough time on the treadmill (watching the bodybuilders) can make the world disappear.

I love flowers and candles. But I can't have them at work. So, instead, I have almost a complete line of bath & bodyworks lotions to help. And I take a hot cocoa break mid-morning. There is something about hot chocolate that can offer a lot of comfort.

PCw/BiPolar (BP) and I went to an RV show last weekend. It gave us a break from the normal weekend. I think I'll take the easy child's to Seattle this weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice and it will be fun to ride the ferry and get flowers from the market. And, I can tell them it's their Mother's Day gift to me!

As PCw/BiPolar (BP) settles down I'm doing better. I'm not quite as stressed as earlier.

And in fourteen days - I have a trip to go see husband. Listening to him talk about plans for that weekend - it will be like a second honeymoon.

TerryJ2

And in fourteen days - I have a trip to go see husband. Listening to him talk about plans for that weekend - it will be like a second honeymoon.

That sounds wonderful! Start the countdown!