Remember the "skin dog food"???

DDD

We see a big improvement in Ace's coat. We're still weaning him after I learned from you guys NOT to switch in one swoop. Mistake!

It could be coincidence. We're at 3/4 to 1/4 this weekend. DDD

PS: Even with the Prozac Ace is still ready to eat any shoe or book etc. that is left out. Yikes! Plus my WHOLE house smells of D O G!

donna723

DDD, I'm so glad he's getting better. They must be so miserable to be all itchy and sore like that. When his skin clears up completely you might not notice as much of a doggie odor from him. Ordinarily my dogs don't smell at all but the only times that Ragan smells like a dog is when her skin has flared up. She's done really well this summer, partly because she's on the right food and partly because, for some reason, they have had ZERO fleas this year! Ragan's very allergic to them too. I don't know what happened but I haven't seen a single one on any of them!

Star*

call 911........call 911
D3

If you went to the Duck and Potato or something rich like that - with a lot of the Boxer, Bulldog breeds - they can't stomach it. For some reason they don't tolerate all the increase in fat and something else (forget what the vet said was the key irritating ingredient) but we had to stop feeding it). We have had great luck and good coats with Sams Club Lamb and Rice Exceed. It's not expensive and we did a 1/4 - 3/4 switch then 1/2 and 1/2 then 3/4 to 1/4 the full feed in a 1/2 month and have had good poops and no ones eating grass or barfing or pooing. It's comparable to Eukanuba and I have a sensitive skin kid.

Also - Diamond makes a fairly good Lamb and Rice dog food we're trying and they seem to really like the flavor of it. Not that I've ever tasted it but it smells good in the car on the way back from the pet store. Like it has a good robust dog food aroma.

Have you considered getting on Cragislist and trying to get him a treadmill? One half hour a night with a Prozac would wear him out. ;)