Remember we are heading into March Madness!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
BLEECH!!!:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

As the Mom of a difficult child who is really triggered by this I try to remind or make aware those of you who who don't know about it!
Those of us who are all to familiar sometimes forget and wonder why our kids are becoming increasingly unstable?
This really does affect a lot of our kids.
I have been tracking K for a few years now, we start to see it in February towards the beginning and it slowly kicks into full affect as the days get longer and longer.
I am still seeing it even here in AZ, we do not change times here, but we do see an increase in day light.
She is definitely becoming wonky.

SOme of our kids need their medications adjusted as well.

klmno

Thanks Totoro!! I personally didn't need a reminder this time though- difficult child's medication changes kicked him into rapid cycling several months ago. But, I am keeping it in the back of my mind as I'm interesting in seeing how this plays out with him being in a different environment this spring.

Many well wishes to all those other parents with kids who have mood disorders!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yup, last two years difficult child 2 has ramped up to hypomania as the days got longer. It will be interesting to see how he does now that he's on Seroquel XR.

Steely

NOOOO...........
No remembering or even recognition on my part of March and its lengthening of days. Or of May - Sept and its none stop sun in Texas - and the subsequent mania.
Nope, not gonna have it!:secretive:
In fact I am adamant on staying in my positive paradigm - and NO past patterns or occurrences are allowed into my mental sphere.:ashamed:
Besides he is in ID now where he is immune from such things as sun and mania, right?:cloudy:
Or do they call this denial???:faint: