Remembering the Good Times

New Leaf

The family is getting ready for hubs Celebration of Life this weekend. No somber funeral, a day of music, "talk story" and food at the beach with friends and family.
It has been a rollercoaster of emotions these past few weeks.
I want to reflect on the good times we had together to ease the pain of this loss and be thankful for what we were blessed with.
Here is a favorite song that reminds me of the days of our youth together.....how I miss hubs company.
He will live on forever in our hearts.

Henehene Kou ʻAka (For You And I) - Traditional

Henehene kou ʻaka
Kou leʻaleʻa paha
He mea maʻa mau ia
For you and I

Kaʻa uila mākēneki
Hōʻonioni kou kino
He mea maʻa mau ia
For you and I

I Kakaʻako mākou
ʻAi ana i ka pipi stew
He mea maʻa mau ia
For you and I

I Waikīkī mākou
ʻAu ana i ke kai
He mea maʻa mau ia
For you and I

I Kapahulu mākou
'Ai ana i ka līpoa
He mea maʻa mau ia
For you and I

Haʻina mai ka puana
Kou leʻaleʻa paha
He mea maʻa mau ia
For you and I

Your laughter is so contagious
It's fun to be with you
Always a good time
For you and I

The streetcar wheels turn
Vibrating your body
Always a good time
For you and I

To Kakaʻako we go
Eating beef stew
Always a good time
For you and I

To Waikīkī we go
Swimming in the sea
Always a good time
For you and I

To Kapahulu we go
Eating seaweed
Always a good time
For you and I

Tell the refrain
It's fun to be with you
Always a good time
For you and I

Until we meet again..........

pigless in VA

Leafy, what a great idea to have a Celebration of Life. In my late husband's family, the turnaround time for memorials is 2 days, tops. I think that is #1 too fast for anyone to plan, especially those out of state #2 too fast for anyone to even think of what they would like to say and #3 everyone is shocked and weepy.

What you are doing to honor Hubs will bring everyone so much joy and peace in their grief journeys. You will have time to tell the stories and enjoy each other's company. Although you will have sad moments, you will also enjoy the remembering of the happy times. Such a loving way to join together after a loss.

New Leaf

This kind of music embodies the blessings of living here. Downloading a playlist for the day. Close your eyes and feel the soothing sounds and cooling trade winds.............

Na Hoa - Lei Pua Kenikeni

Mahalo nui all for your support and kindness, hugs to you and fragrant blossoms
lei.jpeg

New Leaf

What you are doing to honor Hubs will bring everyone so much joy and peace in their grief journeys. You will have time to tell the stories and enjoy each other's company. Although you will have sad moments, you will also enjoy the remembering of the happy times. Such a loving way to join together after a loss
Hawaiian services are very different. Some folks will have a church service, there will always be lots and lots of food, and some Uncles and Aunties having a few beers in the parking lot, lol. This is not thought of as disrespectful. There is an understanding that each person processes grief in their own way. There are tears, but mostly laughter, as friends and family join together to say goodbye to their loved one, and reminisce over good times. Some Hawaiians prefer burial, most watermen have their ashes spread at sea, much like Izs' service at the end of the video.
We mourn our loss, but celebrate the blessings of life and the new beginning of freedom from this earthly realm that end of life brings.
As the day draws nearer, more and more memories flood my soul, overflowing with love and fond remembrances mixed with joy and sadness.
I have waves of emotion washing over me and moments of disbelief that he has passed on.
I suppose it will be this way for awhile.

Each day without hubs home with us is another reminder of how short life really is.

He is somewhere over the rainbow........

May we all live our lives to the fullest and find peace within.

(((HUGS)))
Leafy

Lil

Leafy, this is a wonderful tradition. Reminds me a bit of that Irish wake, only more sunshine and less booze. :) I hope it is a time of healing and peace for you all.

Nature

Being surrounded by family and friends who will help you remember the memories of your beloved is a wonderful way to celebrate his life. I'm with you in spirit.