***REMINDER: American Idol TONIGHT!***

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yes, it looks like it's 2 hours tonight and 2 hours tomorrow night, too. YAY! :cool:

Suz

DammitJanet

I always claim that they give me American Idol for my birthday...lol. (my birthday is tomorrow)

Cory was so confused by this that he argued with his father that I was born on the 16th...lmao. See...last year the show started on the 17 so it was perfect.

BonnieJean

Hmm I have some picks already...Anyways, there was ONE gal who scared the beejeepers outta me...can't recall her name.

Anyways, I thought, AS USUAL, Simon was himself and Randy was especially mean, more than usual! Anyways...

So, good bye Minnesota and hello....

BonnieJean

Lothlorien

The previews for tomorrow look hysterical. Can't wait until tomorrow!

BJ, there were a few scarey ones! The ones they showed on the previews look even scarier!

Wow! What a night! I have a few on my "list" of ones to watch as the show gets going. Alllll those people and only 17 got through to Hollywood!

Happy Birthday Janet!!!

Hugs,
Vickie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I know I'm in the minority here but I really don't enjoy these early shows. I know that some of the people seem to ask for the negative attention but some of the people who are auditioning are really delusional about their abilities and they are the ones I really feel sorry for. Can you imagine sincerely thinking you are wonderful, hearing in a not very nice way that you are not, and then have the world laughing at you? I was relieved that the judges weren't too terrible to some of the most sensitive candidates....the gal whose boss was so supportive that he paid for she and her sis to go there, etc.

Anyway, I don't really get excited until they are down to the final 12 and start the *real* show.

For much of it, I was preoccupied just watching Paula. Honestly, something is really wrong with her. She seemed to have her eyes closed for most of the show - were we keeping her up? :hammer: There have been things on the internet lately about her slurring her words, etc. I hope that whatever is going on with her gets better soon. She's had these rumors circulating for a very long time now.

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
Suz,

I was thinking the same thing last night. Do these people really think they can sing or is it all a put-on? Haven't they noticed that people in costumes never make it through?

I also noticed that Paula was really subdued. I do think she has some sort of a problem. It's a shame because I really like her.

~Kathy

On_Call

I watched - and the two hours flew by!

Can you imagine dwindling 10,000 down to 17?? Yikes.

My thing is always this : all of those people there have someone else who is encouraging them to be there. Why is that? Do they not hear what we all hear? If I couldn't sing - my mother would have told me that there was not a great chance that I could make it on to Hollywood. I wouldn't have meant that she didn't love me.

If one of my munchkins thought they ought to try it out but they couldn't sing, I could not let them make the trip, wait all day, etc., only to 'perform' and be denied. I would rather let them know, gently and lovingly, that their odds were not that great than to see them go through all that.

The jugglers mother told her son that he 'would be famous, don't worry'.

????????

I agree - Paula must have something going on. It is too bad. I once saw something where she said she lives with chronic pain from an injury or something. I hope she gets straightened around.

On to Seattle, AI!!

DDD

Jamie, I remember reading that Paula had some chronic health
problem as well. I don't recall what it was but I prefer to
assume that her mannerisms are triggered by a valid issue.

on the other hand, seriously, do you all believe that every contestant
actually gets to perform in front of the big three? That
doesn't make logistical sense to me. Isn't it possible that
there is a pre-audition screening and that the unfortunates
who appear doing so poorly have signed releases saying they
know they may not be shown in a good light??

DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm sure they sign releases. They would have to in order to protect Fox Network and the show, don't you think?

No idea if there is a pre-audition but if there is it makes me wonder how most of these goofy people would even make it past that. Apollo Creed, etc. :rofl:

Suz

Well, my early favorites are Denise Jackson who said she was a "crack baby". My heart goes out to her for keeping her life together through such a rough beginning. Made me tear up when she said her Grandma raised her, she seemed very happy and much loved by her.

Also, Jarrod Fowler, the airforce guy. Handsome and had a wonderful singing voice.

My total favorite was Sarah Krueger, she sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow. She was very pretty and sang the song wonderfully.

Other than those 3, I would have liked to hear "Apollo Creed" really sing a song, minus the costume. I think he might have had a good voice.

There were a few others they showed that may have been able to sing, but chose to do silly things instead of taking this audition seriously.

I wish they showed all the auditions of the ones who made it through and did a little less of the goofiness!

Wonder what Seattle will bring out tonight?!?!? :blush:

Hugs,
Vickie

Kathy813

Staff member
I remember reading that they do have to get through several pre-auditions before they make it in front of Simon, Paula, and Randy.

Obviously, the pre-screeners pick the best and the worst to make it good television.

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kathy, that explains a lot actually. If they go through several pre-auditions no wonder even the goofiest of the contestants are all so surprised and shattered when they don't make it through to the next round. Here they thought the professionals liked them since they were doing so well to keep moving forward...

Suz

Nancy

I don't much enjoy these pregame shows either. It's such an act when they come out after being rejected and cuss at Simon. They do go thru several pre-auditions, we knew a girl who auditioned for it when they came to Cleveland. They obviously keep some in the running to make for good tv, but it gets really boring.

I'd like it better if they focused on those that made it so we get to know them a little better from the beginning.

Nancy

DammitJanet

I know Paula has sympathetic ohhhh the name is escaping me right now. It is a really painful chronic condition. Rumor has it that she deals with this without pain medication but it wouldnt surprise me if she does take pain medications or some of the neuroleptics.

What kills me is these people who go in there and have studied voice for years or actually have degrees in voice! I would be livid. Talk about wasting your money. Most of them really cannot sing so someone did take their money knowing they dont have talent. Unfair.