Removing glue tricks ??

DDD

I bought a notebook yesterday with a hard plastic cover that snaps to protect the contents. It has the manufacturer's info attached to the outside cover.......although I was able to remove the paper, the glue is still "sticky" on the cover.

I have used alcohol, soapy water and white vinegar. About half of it is gone BUT it's still sticky. Any ideas????? DDD

Lothlorien

Goo....Goo be Gone...whatever it's called. It's the best stuff for things like that. It's orange oil. It smells good. You can probably find it where they sell Carbona and Oxyclean.

You can actually try peanut butter....rub it on. Peanut oil, for whatever reason, eats gum, so you might try that before running out to the store.

donna723

Good ol' fashioned nail polish remover will take off almost anything! Not the newer kinds but the older formula with acetone in it. You may want to try it on a little hidden place first to make sure it won't damage the surface, but usually it works very well.

susiestar

Roll With It
Almost any kind of oil will work. Test on small spot to be sure it doesn't stain. But a dab of olive or canola or veggie oil worked in will ease that gunk right off.

DDD

Thank you. Thank you....and Thank you. It's gone! Hooray!
The olive oil was closest to me and it did the trick. What would I do without you??? :D DDD

Marguerite

In Australia, we use eucalyptus oil. It cleans up easier than olive oil. And tastes awful on a salad, so we may as well use it for the glue removal.

Marg