Rescue Plan

DammitJanet

This whole housing thing really has me worried. What you guys say about the prices is so true. You wouldnt believe the housing prices up where Jamie lives. A dump goes for a quarter mother in law. He got incredibly lucky and found his condo on a foreclosure list and got it for about 45K less than what it was appraised for. It had been half remodeled already but they have done a ton more to it and will continue to do more as they get money and time. He was also lucky that he had the VA loan. For him, his house payment is actually less than what the condo's in the same area rent for. He wants to stay in this place for a little while and eventually sell it so he can move south to get another job down here...but if he cant, he can always stay there.

BusynMember

I was against the bailout and still am. Why can't all this money go for healthcare for everyone? So many of us don't have money for good insurance plans (I hate insurance). Why do the rich people get bailouts all the time? Then if somebody else gets into trouble...a peon...they are ridiculed for being on welfare. I have nothing to really lose, although we have a place to live and should be fine in retirement. And I don't want to pay for this when there are so many other things that Main Street needs.